Director of Sales
Posted on 2013-03-28
DIRECTOR OF SALES/TUCSON OPERATIONS
KMSB FOX 11 and KTTU The Home of Comedy are seeking an experienced media sales leader ready to take on station operation management. KMSB/KTTU are part of Belo Corp., one of the nation’s largest media companies that own a diversified group of market-leading television and interactive media assets.
Seeking an experienced media sales leader with focus on creativity, employee engagement and solutions to lead a team of media sales professionals to exceed audience share of the market and billing goals. The Director of Sales/Tucson Operations is ultimately responsible for the overall operations, revenue generation and budgets for KMSB/KTTU. This responsibility includes inventory pricing and control, administration of all sales and marketing functions, oversee traffic operations, and oversee general station operations and compliance with FCC policy and rules.
- Manage overall TV and digital sales performance to exceed local, national and political revenue budgets.
- Establish strategic and tactical plans for the organization to maximize the stations` competitive advantage.
- Ensure stations are operating in accordance with company policy and FCC rules and regulations.
- Manage relationships, tasks and responsibilities related to the Shared Services Agreement.
- Control and price spot inventory.
- Interface and manage TeleRep on all matters related to the national competitive landscape.
- Provide an accurate picture of the stations’ revenue conditions at all times.
- Responsible for short term and long range planning of the stations’ budgets.
- Supervise a team of sales managers including hiring, training, task assignments and performance appraisals.
- Develop and foster relationships with clients and community leaders.
- Lead and motivate employee engagement initiatives.
- Develop, manage and communicate a competitive commission and bonus sales structure.
- Perform other duties as assigned.
- Periodic travel & entertainment is required.
Minimum of (3) three years of broadcast/media sales management experience; local sales background preferred. Ability to show a track record of successfully motivating and directing a team of sales professionals and management in a changing industry. Strong project management. Effective working knowledge of broadcast and digital media, including marketing, operations, promotion, production and news. Strong understanding of media rating and pricing tools. Enthusiasm, creativity and a strong background in agency business and new business development are a must. Team player, an excellent problem-solver, and have the ability to develop, maintain, and grow client relationships. Computer literate, with a knowledge of various TV sales software systems, as well as Microsoft Word, Excel & Power Point required. Minimum college degree and a valid driver`s license are required.
We offer an outstanding salary and bonus package with benefits date of hire, including medical, dental, vision, life insurance, paid time off, and 401(k).
If you qualify for the position, please send your resume, to Director of Human Resources: 5555 N. 7th Ave, Phoenix, AZ 85013. email@example.com Fax 602-207-3336. EOE. www.tucsonnewsnow.com
It is the policy of this station not to discriminate in its employment and personnel practices because of the person's age, race, color, creed, religion, gender, national origin, sexual orientation, or any other protected classes. Discriminatory practices are specifically prohibited by Belo and the Federal Communications Commission.
HOW TO APPLY: