Social Media/Web Editor
Posted on 2013-03-28
By KTVX/KUCW Nexstar
Salt Lake City, UT
Looking for a self-motivated, energetic team player with a great attitude. The ideal candidate must possess good news judgment, knowledge of current events, the ability to work on your own in a fast-paced environment.
Essential Duties & Responsibilities:
- Update/manage content for television news station website and social media platforms.
- Upload video to sites.
- Peruse wires and news websites for stories.
- Write stories.
- Maintain and update archive system.
- Create and manage slideshow galleries.
- Create and manage plan for station eMedia integration.
- Assist the Assignment Desk with newsgathering functions.
- Performs other duties as assigned.
Requirements & Skills:
- Bachelor`s degree in a related field, or an equivalent combination of education and work related experience.
- Fluency in English.
- Excellent communication skills, both oral and written.
- Experience with Adobe Photoshop, FTP a plus. Some online content posting experience preferred.
- Valid driver`s license with an acceptable driving record.
- Experience guiding, directing and motivating subordinates, including setting performance standards and monitoring performance.
- Experience establishing long-range objectives and specifying the strategies and actions to achieve them.
- Ability to identify the developmental needs of others and to coach, mentor or otherwise help others to improve their knowledge or skills.
- Proficiency with computers, telephones, copiers, scanners, fax machines and other office equipment.
The eMedia Manager must be able to sit, conduct telephone conversations, use electronic mail, write letters and memos, conduct face-to-face discussions with individuals or groups, make decisions without supervision, make decisions that impact the results of co-workers, work in close proximity to others, work outdoors in all weather conditions, and work indoors in environmentally controlled conditions.
HOW TO APPLY:
Please send resume to:
ABC4UTAH - KTVX
Attn: Rob Tompkins
2175 West 1700 South
Salt Lake City, Utah 84104
AN EQUAL OPPORTUNITY EMPLOYER
NO PHONE CALLS PLEASE