Program Director, KMLE
Posted on 2013-03-28
By CBS Radio CBS Radio
CBS Radio in Phoenix is searching for a qualified Program Director for KMLE Country @107.9 with a minimum of 5 years programming experience with proven ratings success in competitive situations.
- Responsible for the total supervision, direction and overall performance level of all station programming personnel functions, with the specific emphasis on program coordination, mix, content and scheduling.
- Ensure that programming serves the needs and is in the best interest of the station audience.
- Responsible for adherence and compliance to Company program standards and FCC regulations.
- Establish and communicate programming and content goals and vision, and then clearly measure their results.
- Provide programming leadership in a sales-friendly environment
- Develop and effectively manage department budget.
- Use promotional strengths of the radio station to help achieve corporate goals.
- Provide rating analysis and reporting.
- Critique talent and measure performance.
- Establish long range plans.
- Enhance format effectively.
- Maintain on-going communications with external industry and public organizations.
- Supervise use of any syndicated and/or outside services.
The successful candidate will be creative, highly motivated and organized. To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. In addition, the right candidate must have:
- Five or more years` previous programming experience.
- Ability to create promotions that generate revenue, station awareness and increase listening.
- Proven knowledge of FCC regulations and requirements.
- Excellent communication skills and be self-motivated.
- Four year college degree is preferred.
HOW TO APPLY:
Qualified candidates may apply through the Career Center at www.cbsradio.com. No phone calls, please.
It is the policy of CBS Radio to afford equal opportunity to all, to discriminate against none, to take affirmative action to promote equal employment and advancement opportunity regardless of race, color, national origin, religion, sex, age, sexual orientation, disability, veteran`s status, marital status, or height or weight. EOE