Posted on 2013-03-28
By CBS Radio CBS Radio
CBS Radio, a wholly-owned subsidiary of CBS Corporation, is accepting resumes for the position of Market Controller of its Phoenix radio stations. CBS Radio in Phoenix consists of a cluster of three of the most well-known and highly regarded radio stations in the market—94.5 KOOL FM, 101.5 jamz, and KMLE Country @107.9. This position reports directly to the Senior VP/Market Manager of CBS Radio Phoenix and to CBS Radio Corporate Finance. The Market Controller has overall responsibility and management of the market`s financial operations and oversees the Finance and Traffic departments of the cluster.
- Oversee all accounting processes of the market.
- Prepare/report monthly financial statements.
- Develop monthly forecasts and annual budgets for the market.
- Administer SOX compliance and enforce corporate policies and procedures.
- Implement accounting and internal control policies and guidelines.
- Monitor trade/barter activity for the market.
- Develop operational strategies for the cluster, including credit and collections
The successful candidate will have strong financial and analytical skills, along with outstanding organizational skills to effectively track and monitor sales trends, expenses and other P&L issues.
- 5+ years of accounting experience in radio or the media industry is required.
- Strong knowledge of general ledger systems, accounts payable, accounts receivable, payroll, income tax, banking and budgeting required.
- Must be proficient in Excel and other software packages; Oracle accounting system experience is preferred.
- Strong knowledge of GAAP and sound financial and accounting practices is required.
- Must have effective organizational, interpersonal, problem-solving, analytical, and written/oral communication skills; excellent internal and external customer service skills are required.
- Prior Controller experience and 4 year degree in Accounting required; CPA or MBA desirable.
HOW TO APPLY:
Qualified candidates may apply through the Career Center at www.cbsradio.com. No phone calls, please.
It is the policy of CBS Radio to afford equal opportunity to all, to discriminate against none, to take affirmative action to promote equal employment and advancement opportunity regardless of race, color, national origin, religion, sex, age, sexual orientation, disability, veteran’s status, marital status, or height or weight. EOE