KTAR PT Producer
Posted on 2013-03-28
By KPKX, KTAR, KTAR Bonneville International Corporation
News-Talk 92.3 KTAR and Arizona Sports 620 are looking for part-time Producers to join Arizona`s largest and most-trusted radio newsroom and sports station. The function of this position is assist in coordinating live interviews, audio elements and other program content. Radio experience is always a plus, but keep in mind that this is primarily an off-air position.
- Two years post high school education in communication/journalism with skills in the following areas: booking guests, broadcast journalism, writing, computer and operational skills, related field, or equivalent.
- Experience in a broadcast journalism environment, professional or collegiate level. Knowledge of newswire services and a working knowledge of computer skills.
- Aggressive attitude with a strong desire to advance in the broadcasting media.
- Quick learner who is fully committed to meeting the challenge
- Multi-tasking pro. Ability to be organized with the capability to concentrate on more than one event at a time, able to follow written and verbal instructions under moderate supervision.
- Proven ability to work under pressure to meet hourly/daily/weekly deadlines. Ability to be precise and accurate both in announcing and production.
- Self-starter with the ability to assure that shift personnel receive material for broadcast on time as the services performed affect company image, clients, and listening audience. Errors may incur financial or time loss.
- Watch top TV programs (sports and pop culture) and read major publications for show content ideas.
- Proven ability to handle stress.
- Work effectively in a team environment.
- Consistently works hours required. Flexible hours required to meet deadlines including weekends, holidays, evenings, early mornings, etc.
- Work in compliance with Company policies and procedures.
- Maintain a positive and cooperative rapport with staff, management, and clients.
- Project an appropriate professional appearance and demeanor.
- Receive, process, and maintain information through oral and/or written communication effectively.
- Substantial physical movements (motions) of the wrists, hands, and/or fingers.
- Extending hand(s) and arm(s) in any direction with good eye and hand coordination.
- Lift, move, and carry up to 20 pounds on occasion.
HOW TO APPLY:
Qualified candidates are invited to complete the online application available on our website at www.ktar.com.
Questions can be directed to Human Resources firstname.lastname@example.org. We do not allow walk-in candidates.
To be considered, an application must be submitted only for current posted position(s).
Resume is accepted only when accompanying our application. Unsolicited resumes will not be accepted. If you are offered employment by Bonneville International Corporation, you will be asked to sign an agreement to arbitrate any disputes that may arise between you and Bonneville regarding your employment with the company prior to commencing employment with the company.
An Equal Opportunity Employer
Bonneville International Corporation participates in E-Verify and complies with all right to work laws.