KSL TV Studio Technician 3011
Posted on 2013-03-26
By KSL Broadcast Group KSL Broadcast Group
Salt Lake City, UT
POSITION OBJECTIVE: Operate studio cameras, handheld cameras, teleprompter, other equipment and act as stage manager in a manner that provides KSL News Services and its viewers with a highly produced project from a technical and aesthetic perspective. Responsibilities need to be performed with minimal supervision and demonstrating initiative in all areas assigned.
NOTE: This is a generic television Part-Time Studio Technician job posting. Management will assign responsibilities on a regular and/or rotating basis depending upon the need and proven capabilities and the need to provide expertise for the future. The Part-Time Studio Technician may be assigned to help with any News Services newscasts or other KSL productions.
- High school graduate, related field or equivalent.
- Proven ability to work rapidly and effectively under pressure. Able to be organized, able to meet job deadlines and be a self-starter with demonstrated ability to effectively perform with minimum supervision.
- Consistently work hours required. Work more when required to meet deadlines including rotating days and nights, weekends, holidays, etc. Schedules will be arranged according to the needs of the company. Able to be DEPENDABLE on a part-time schedule. Willing to work additional hours as needed.
- Work in compliance with Company policies and procedures.
- Work effectively in a team environment.
- Maintain a positive and cooperative rapport with staff, management, and clients.
- Project an appropriate professional appearance and demeanor.
- Prefer a minimum of one-year previous on-air commercial television studio production experience or equivalent. Experience to include studio camera operation and teleprompter. Applicant may be required to demonstrate the skills necessary to perform the functions of this position.
- Prefer someone with basic computer skills.
- Good vision, able to display creative abilities in studio camera composition as well as in other assigned production activities.
- Receive, process, and maintain information through oral and/or written communication effectively.
- Substantial physical movements (motions) of the wrists, hands, and/or fingers.
- Lift, move, and carry up to 50 lbs. of heavy studio production equipment as needed.
- Ability to extend hand(s) and arm(s) in any direction with good eye and hand coordination.
HOW TO APPLY:
Qualified candidates are invited to download the application available on our web site http://www.ksl.com/web/jobs.php
Questions can be directed to Human Resources at (801) 575-5777 or email@example.com. We do not allow walk-in candidates. To be considered an application must be submitted by fax, email, or mail for current posted position(s).
An Equal Opportunity Employer M/F/D/V. KSL Broadcast House, 55 North 300 West, Salt Lake City, Utah 84180. Fax: (801) 575-5820 Web Site: www.ksl.com/web/jobs.php
*This employer participates in E-Verify. The employer will provide the Social Security Administration (SSA) and, if necessary, the Department of Homeland Security (DHS) with information from each new employee\'s I-9 to confirm work authorization. *