KTUU-TV Digital Content Writer Supervisor
Posted on 2013-03-25
By Alaska Broadcasters Association Alaska Broadcasters Association
This position is responsible for managing the daily editorial operations of all web sites. The successful candidate will work with the news director, producers, and reporters to increase and enhance daily web site content, highlighting what’s most important and interesting. They will work on special projects and generate content specifically for web and mobile, as well as manage sound media presence. A degree in Journalism or a related field is required, as is two years of news publication/copy editing experience. The position offers excellent earnings potential, as well as a comprehensive benefit package, including group health and dental and company 401(k).
Principal Duties & Responsibilities:
- Effectively determine placement of stories to ensure visibility for crucial reports.
- Responsible for gathering, writing, reporting, and managing the process of delivering local news and features in multi-media form to the web sites in a timely manner.
- Proofread web content.
- Responsible for writing clearly, concisely and conversationally for web.
- Handle general site maintenance.
- Constantly strive to produce content to enhance stories reported on regularly scheduled newscasts and daily web site.
- Maintain working knowledge of current events and community issues.
- Provide web training to news staffs, and strive to constantly improve web site products.
- Manage and develop mobile platforms, such as the iPhone app and Blackberry news pages.
- Perform other duties as may be assigned.
Required Knowledge, Skills & Abilities:
- Familiar with SEO & social media best practices.
- HTML and Flash training.
- Knowledge of coding for web pages and apps.
- Able to use content management systems and other systems to produce web, app, and social media content.
- Ability to communicate effectively.
- Ability to write clearly and accurately for web.
- Able to be creative and create compelling content.
- Strong proofreading skills.
- Must represent station with professionalism and integrity.
- Able to manage and mentor news staff.
- Must possess an intimate knowledge of news operations and journalism.
- Ability to work independently with minimal supervision, yet committed to team environment.
- Must maintain a high level of confidentiality.
- Willingness to work flexible hours and possess ability to work well with co-workers.
- Ability to guide others to get the outcome needed.
- Strong news judgment.
- Ability to handle and adjust accordingly to last-minute changes. •Strong initiative and attention to detail is required.
- Ability to keep up with national and local news/weather.
- Understanding of and ability to follow and enforce journalistic code of ethics.
- Basic knowledge of CSS.
- Able to edit video and audio on industry standard equipment.
- Must hold a valid driver`s license and be insurable.
HOW TO APPLY:
Interested candidates please visit the following web site: www.schurz.com/careers/career-opportunities/ and search Requisition Number KTUU1033 to learn more about the positions and apply. NORTHERN LIGHTS MEDIA, INC. IS AN EQUAL OPPORTUNITY EMPLOYER. Offers of employment are contingent upon a pre-employment background check.