Posted on 2013-03-25
By CareerPage CareerPage
Design Degree(BFA) or equivalent combination of skills, training, and experience in a graphic design agency, TV Network or TV Station required.
- Directs and manages all in-house and external efforts for the network.
- Collaborates with the creative management team to oversee and manage design efforts for on-air, print and web.
- Understands the importance of visual branding. Oversees and assures brand consistency throughout all platforms.
- Manages, supervises, trains and mentors graphic designers to become better at their craft and aware of current television design trends.
- Must constantly elevate the work and manage the quality coming out of the design department.
- Creates and or directs more junior staff to deliver high quality design that creates a competitive advantage for the network.
- Determines and prioritizes scheduling of workload, manages staff time and ensures that all deadlines are met.
- Hands-on designer of daily and long-term projects. Utilize applicable software to create still and animated graphics, including 3-D for Reelzchannel programming, promotion, web and marketing.
- Provide design direction, assign, manage, oversee, all incoming projects for on-air, print and web to assure brand consistency and quality.
- Manage graphic designers and external vendors and their projects to meet strict deadlines.
- Mentor staff designers. Create an atmosphere where contemporary design and graphics work in collaboration with Programming and
- Marketing to assure highest design standards.
- Minimum of five years experience managing a graphics department in an agency, TV Station or TV Network. Proven design capabilities across broadcast, print and web are preferable. Must be familiar with new media graphic concepts and requires a strong working knowledge of design software. Must have a proven history of demonstrated creative vision.
- MUST have a strong understanding and background in design/motion graphics for television. This includes design for on-air promotion and programming.
- MUST be hands-on in adobe creative suite especially illustrator, photoshop, aftereffects and in design.
- MUST have a working knowledge of Cinema 4D, CG/3D programs and final cut pro. A strong background, education in and understanding of type design and communicating through typography essential.
- Ability to multi-task and work efficiently under pressure with careful attention to detail is a must.
- Self motivated, organized and accountable.
- Passion for design and eagerness to mentor and elevate other creative people.
- Well-developed communication skills including ability to articulate creative concepts and rationale to other team members.
Average sitting, standing, and office-type movement. Average lifting, moving, and pulling abilities. Must be able to perform the essential functions of the job. The Company will make reasonable physical accommodations to facilitate the ability to perform essential job functions.
HOW TO APPLY:
HUMAN RESOURCES DEPARTMENT
5650 University Blvd SE
Albuquerque, NM 87106
No Telephone Calls Please
AN EQUAL OPPORTUNITY EMPLOYER
Job posted by an EQUAL EMPLOYMENT OPPORTUNITY EMPLOYER