KSL Traffic Reporter (On-Call)
Posted on 2013-03-21
By KSL Broadcast Group KSL Broadcast Group
Salt Lake City, UT
POSITION OBJECTIVE: Deliver clear and energetic traffic reports from the KSL Traffic Center Fill-in for vacations/time-off (availability to fill-in Monday through Friday 3-7 PM and as assigned).
- At least one year of commercial broadcasting experience or equivalent in radio/television news.
- Enthusiastic person who enjoys traffic reporting. Someone who is excited about performing traffic reports and wants to be a critical part of KSL`s on-air presence.
- Have an acceptable on-air presence and voice quality, which exudes confidence and projects a professional image. Ability to enunciate clearly read copy fluently and ad lib required.
- Ability to monitor emergency traffic, video images, and computer data for possible stories for both KSL Radio and Television.
- Self-starter with the ability to work under pressure. Be willing to accept responsibility and work under moderate supervision while resolving varied problems, which require general knowledge of company policies and procedures in reporting.
- Someone who wants to grow in our industry and loves broadcasting.
- An in-house audition reporting on traffic conditions under the direction of KSL News may be required.
- Be able to answer phone calls in a pleasant and professional manner while providing accurate information.
- Valid driver`s license and proven ability to safely drive company vehicle or personal vehicle (as case may be) without exposing the company to serious liability risks and willing to travel.
- Work in compliance with Company policies and procedures.
- Work effectively in a team environment.
- Maintain a positive and cooperative rapport with staff, management, and clients.
- Consistently works hours required. Works more when required to meet deadlines including split-working schedule, odd shifts, weekends, holidays, evenings, overtime, etc.
- Project an appropriate professional appearance and demeanor.
- Receive, process, and maintain information through oral and/or written communication effectively.
- Substantial physical movements (motions) of the wrists, hands, and/or fingers.
- Ability to extend hand(s) and arm(s) in any direction with good eye and hand coordination.
- Lift, move, and carry up to 20 pounds on occasion.
HOW TO APPLY:
Qualified candidates are invited to download the application available on our web site http://www.ksl.com/web/jobs.php
Questions can be directed to Human Resources at (801) 575-5777 or firstname.lastname@example.org. We do not allow walk-in candidates. To be considered an application must be submitted by fax, email, or mail for current posted position(s).
An Equal Opportunity Employer M/F/D/V. KSL Broadcast House, 55 North 300 West, Salt Lake City, Utah 84180. Fax: (801) 575-5820 Web Site: www.ksl.com/web/jobs.php
*This employer participates in E-Verify. The employer will provide the Social Security Administration (SSA) and, if necessary, the Department of Homeland Security (DHS) with information from each new employee's I-9 to confirm work authorization. *