KSL Radio Associate Producer (On-Call)
Posted on 2013-03-21
By KSL Broadcast Group KSL Broadcast Group
Salt Lake City, UT
POSITION OBJECTIVE: To assist reporters, producers and managers in the organization, preparation, writing and production of online reports, newspaper copy and daily Radio newscasts. Also assists as needed with other projects in the newsroom, including filling in for other producers and writers.
- College degree in journalism or equivalent experience preferred.
- Experience as an associate producer in a broadcast environment or copy writer/editor for newspaper or online news organization preferred.
- Possess organization skills with initiative and the ability to show innovation in problem solving.
- Proven ability to work rapidly under deadline pressure, enabling news employees and personnel from other departments to meet their deadlines.
- Capable of handling many production details and making decisions with a limited amount of supervision.
- Willing to work odd hours, weekends and holidays. Ability to be flexible enough to work on unscheduled assignments.
- Willing to take an in-house writing audition under an assigned deadline demonstrating accuracy, fairness, good grammar and spelling.
- Work in compliance with Company policies and procedures.
- Work effectively in a team environment.
- Maintain a positive and cooperative rapport with staff, management, and clients.
- Consistently works hours required. Works more when required to meet deadlines including weekends, holidays, evenings, etc.
- Project an appropriate professional appearance and demeanor.
- Prefer a broad background in all aspects of news production.
- Receive, process, and maintain information through oral and/or written communication effectively.
- Substantial physical movements (motions) of the wrists, hands, and/or fingers.
- Ability to extend hand(s) and arm(s) in any direction with good eye and hand coordination.
- Lift, move, and carry up to 20 pounds on occasion.
HOW TO APPLY:
Qualified candidates are invited to download the application available on our web site http://www.ksl.com/web/jobs.php
Questions can be directed to Human Resources at (801) 575-5777 or email@example.com. We do not allow walk-in candidates. To be considered an application must be submitted by fax, email, or mail for current posted position(s).
An Equal Opportunity Employer M/F/D/V. KSL Broadcast House, 55 North 300 West, Salt Lake City, Utah 84180. Fax: (801) 575-5820 Web Site: www.ksl.com/web/jobs.php
*This employer participates in E-Verify. The employer will provide the Social Security Administration (SSA) and, if necessary, the Department of Homeland Security (DHS) with information from each new employee's I-9 to confirm work authorization. *