KAKM-TV Broadcast Engineer
Posted on 2013-03-20
By Alaska Broadcasters Association Alaska Broadcasters Association
Job Summary: Monitors over-the air television and FM radio transmitter functions; maintain television and radio network broadcast Systems; provide technical support to broadcast facilities. In repair, maintenance, installation and modification of technical broadcasting equipment; travels to exotic Alaska locations for equipment repair and maintenance, works under pressure in order to meet broadcast deadlines.
- Monitors over-the-air television and radio broadcast transmitter functions through remote control systems.
- Operates, maintains, troubleshoots and repairs complex television and radio broadcasting systems; repairs and maintains equipment in emergency and preventative situations.
- Travels to remote locations for equipment repair, works under pressure in order to meet broadcast deadlines.
- Sets up and operates various broadcasting equipment such as recording, video and editing equipment; checks equipment for operational readiness; provides operational assistance/instruction to others as needed.
- Prepares and maintains various technical records and engineering logs pertaining to broadcast equipment performance and discrepancies according to regulations.
- Sets up, maintains and operates remote production facilities, to include all activities associated with remote television and radio productions.
- Tests and integrates new equipment prior to installation in broadcast facility.
- Sets up and maintains transmission equipment for broadcast and point to point microwave links.
- Associate`s degree in a broadcasting related field and two years experience in broadcasting which includes equipment repair and installation; or, four years experience in broadcasting which includes equipment repair and installation; or any equivalent combination of experience and/or education from which comparable knowledge, skills and abilities have been achieved.
- Knowledge in maintenance, usage and design of technical broadcast equipment.
- Knowledge of broadcast networks, servers and PCs.
- Knowledge of master control operations (AV, switching to air, media ingest, "house router" operations) broadcast servers and archive operations.
- Skill in repair of digital equipment and networks.
- Outstanding attention to detail.
- Ability to multitask.
- Ability to work flexible hours, nights, weekends, holidays or as needed for broadcast requirements.
- Skill in common PC office software.
- Excellent verbal and written communications.
- Ability to lift and carry 50 lbs., sit, stand, walk, hear and see in a broadcast environment.
HOW TO APPLY:
TO APPLY: Send resume and cover letter to, Human Resources, Alaska Public Media, 3877 University Drive, Anchorage, AK 99508 / E-mail firstname.lastname@example.org. Alaska Public Media is an Equal Opportunity Employer.