PT Multi-media Journalist
Posted on 2013-03-12
By Entravision Communications Corporation Entravision
Date Posted: March 12, 2013
Location/Market (City, State): Denver, Colorado
Media (Station Call Letters and Channel): KCEC-TV Univision
Job Type (i.e. Part-Time, Full-Time): Part-Time
Job Title: Multi-media Journalist
KCEC-TV Univision Colorado is looking for a part time Multi-Media Journalist to work mainly during weekends.
The multi-media journalist is responsible for researching, writing, capturing visual content and editing stories for multiple platforms.
- Receives assignment or evaluates news leads and news tips to develop story ideas.
- Gathers and verifies factual information regarding stories through interview, observation, and research.
- Organizes material, determines slant or emphasis, and writes story according to prescribed editorial style and format standards.
- Shoots video and still photos to illustrate stories.
- Edits videos for all multimedia platforms.
- Appears on television program when conducting taped interview or narration
- Gives live reports from site of event or mobile broadcast unit.
- Write and produce quality news stories for multiple media platforms.
- Assist online staff in preparing for multimedia stories.
- Report, write, capture visual content, edit and produce stories for multiple platforms on deadline, such as Internet and digital channels.
Education & Experience
- Computer literacy required, including newsroom computer systems.
- Videography and non-linear editing experience preferred.
- Knowledge of broadcast quality camera equipment.
- Edit video on Final Cut Pro editing systems, or similar equipment.
- Strong broadcast and AP style writing skills in Spanish.
- Proficient at posting content to various websites.
- Self-motivated and able to work in a fast-paced deadline-driven environment.
- Valid Driver's License, good driving record and provide proof of insurability with company required insurance limits. Driving Required Yes
HOW TO APPLY:
Resumes can be sent to Tmeyer@entravision.com or by mail to KCEC-TV, 1907 Mile High Stadium West Circle, Denver, CO 80204 Attn: Tonya Meyer or by fax to (303)721-1359.
Closing Date: 4/30/13
Entravision Communications Corporation participates in the E-Verify system operated by the US Department of Homeland Security and the Social Security Administration and will use E-Verify to confirm work eligibility for all new hire employees.