KTUU-TV Master Control Op, Full-Time, Temporary
Posted on 2013-03-11
By Alaska Broadcasters Association Alaska Broadcasters Association
KTUU is looking for a full-time temporary Master Control Operator
- 1-3 years master control operation experience preferred
- 5 or more years experience. Essential Knowledge, Skills, and Abilities:
- Knowledge of TV video production
- Knowledge of broadcast engineering, operations, equipment, and computer systems
- Ability to troubleshoot and repair electronic equipment at the component level
- Video tape experience - must be familiar with multiple tape and digital formats
- General knowledge of TV broadcasting, including FCC rules and regulations
- Ability to follow written and verbal directions, able to communicate clearly
- Must be able to operate analog and digital broadcast equipment, software, broadcast video tape recorders, video servers, audio/video routers, audio and video control consoles, satellite receivers, and television transmitters
- Proficient use of computers, PC and Mac
- Basic knowledge of station programming, schedules and related logs
- Ability to stay focused while monitoring signal quality and programming accuracy
- Must be able to handle high stress situations and pressure deadline
- Able to react quickly and calmly to changing circumstances
- Attention to detail is require
- Must be licensed, insurable and able to operate station vehicles as needs and situations dictate
- Must have appropriate D.O.T. license (CDL)
- Must have good problem-solving skills
- Leadership skills needed
- Ability to work independently with little supervision, initiative to address issues immediately
- Able to work well with others in the department as well as other departments
- Must be flexible to work any shift including, weekend, overnights and holidays
- Ability to remain positive and foster a positive work environment.
- High School diploma or GED is required
- Some college/Associate`s Degree or vocational schooling.
- Valid driver`s license with a good driving record
- SBE certification a plus.
HOW TO APPLY:
Interested candidates please visit the following web site: www.schurz.com/careers/career-opportunities/ and search Requisition Number KTUU1205 to learn more about the position and apply.