Posted on 2013-03-11
By KBIQ Salem Communications
Colorado Springs, CO
- Monitor the overall technical operation of the station(s) to insure compliance with FCC, Federal, EPA, OSHA, State and local regulations
- Assist with the installation, maintenance and legal operation of audio and transmitting equipment necessary for the station(s) to function
- Maintain and repair, or facilitate repair of, all electronic broadcasting equipment, promotional vehicles, phone systems and computer systems
- Assist with the construction, and/or supervision of construction of, new or modified facilities as required
- Instruct and assist operators in the proper operation of the station`s broadcast equipment, FCC procedures and requirements, and any computer equipment necessary for the operators to perform their required duties
- Readily demonstrate the ability and willingness to work with department heads to promote the company`s interests and success;
- Act as Chief Operator and designate a backup in your absence.
- Responsible to follow all Salem policies & procedures
- Reports directly to the General Manager
- Strive to enhance the efficiency of the engineering and technical operations.
- Oversee remote broadcasts and personal appearances where electronic equipment is involved.
- High power FM transmitter experience required
- AM Directional experience required
- SBE certified
- 3 + years experience preferred
- Maintain the public file and complete all applicable reports.
- Knowledge of ENCO automation system preferred
HOW TO APPLY:
Send resumes and references via one of the following means.
Attention: Carrie Lakey
Bison Media, Inc. dba Salem Communications
7150 Campus Drive, Suite 150
Colorado Springs, CO 80920
Equal Opportunity Employer