KSL TV Associate Producer
Posted on 2013-03-08
By KSL Broadcast Group KSL Broadcast Group
Salt Lake City, UT
POSITION OBJECTIVE: To assist with organization, preparation, writing and production of daily newscasts. Also assists as needed with other projects in the newsroom, including filling in for other producers.
- College degree in journalism or related field or equivalent.
- Minimum of one (1) year experience as an associate producer in the broadcast environment or equivalent.
- Possess organization skills with initiative and the ability to show innovation in problem solving.
- Proven ability to work rapidly under deadline pressure, enabling news employees and personnel from other departments to meet their deadlines.
- Capable of handling many production details and making decisions with a limited amount of supervision.
- Consistently works hours required. Works more when required to meet deadlines including odd hours, weekends, holidays, evenings, etc.
- Ability to be flexible enough to work on unscheduled assignments.
- Willing to take an in-house writing audition under an assigned deadline demonstrating accuracy, fairness, good grammar and spelling, writing in broadcast news style.
- Work effectively in a team environment.
- Work in compliance with Company policies and procedures.
- Maintain a positive and cooperative rapport with staff, management, and clients.
- Project an appropriate professional appearance and demeanor.
- Prefer a broad background in all aspects of news production.
- Receive, process, and maintain information through oral and/or written communication effectively.
- Extend hand(s) and arm(s) in any direction with good eye and hand coordination.
- Substantial physical movements (motions) of the wrists, hands, and/or fingers.
- Lift, move, and carry up to 20 pounds on occasion.
HOW TO APPLY:
Qualified candidates are invited to download the application available on our web site http://www.ksl.com/web/jobs.php
Questions can be directed to Human Resources at (801) 575-5777 or firstname.lastname@example.org. We do not allow walk-in candidates. To be considered an application must be submitted by fax, email, or mail for current posted position(s).
An Equal Opportunity Employer M/F/D/V. KSL Broadcast House, 55 North 300 West, Salt Lake City, Utah 84180. Fax: (801) 575-5820 Web Site: www.ksl.com/web/jobs.php
*This employer participates in E-Verify. The employer will provide the Social Security Administration (SSA) and, if necessary, the Department of Homeland Security (DHS) with information from each new employee`s I-9 to confirm work authorization. *