KSL TV Anchor/Reporter 3004
Posted on 2013-03-07
By KSL Broadcast Group KSL Broadcast Group
Salt Lake City, UT
Looking for a dynamic anchor/reporter with strong communication skills both at the desk and the ability to report/anchor from the field. The successful candidate will have the skill and knowledge to conduct in-depth interviews (live and taped), and be able to execute compelling storytelling on multiple-platforms. The ideal candidate will be able to easily adapt and lead in the changing media landscape. This position will anchor and report news for KSL Television news for assigned newscasts as well as any special reports including bulletins, documentaries, series and investigative reports.
- College degree in journalism, communications, related field or equivalent.
- Minimum of four (4) years commercial broadcast journalism anchoring and reporting experience, or equivalent. Proven record of anchor/reporter success should include the following:
- Ability to create and maintain ratings performance, job stability and leadership within the community;
- Being well-read, knowledgeable and articulate in dealing with current affairs;
- Ability to effectively project a variety of characteristics, such as spontaneity, good judgment and sensitivity;
- Ability to work effectively and work with other professionals on the anchor team to create a unique broadcast;
- Ability to maintain a maximum quality and professionalism to build audience share, with excellent judgment;
- Ability to offer creative input into news show elements;
- Willing and able to commit to personal growth through continual training, coaching and feedback;
- Ability to accept direction and be flexible with company and industry changes;
- Able to conceptualize and organize stories for Television presentation. Able to write, edit, produce, anchor and stand-up report strong news feature stories for audio, tape or live camera in a fast and concise manner under pressure. Demonstrate ability to report and/or anchor live ad-lib unscripted news reports with continuity, meaning and clarity. Proven ability for accuracy and follow-through.
- Willing and able to produce content for other platforms in our multiplatform newsroom: radio, print, web, social media.
- Acceptable on-air presence including screen appearance, professional demeanor and voice quality, which exudes confidence and relates effectively with other on-air anchors.
- Able to enunciate clearly and have the ability to interpret and read copy fluently.
- Goal-oriented, self-motivated individual who can effectively organize and perform work-assuring follow-through while functioning as a member of the KSL Television News Team.
- An in-house audition covering a story and writing a report under the direction of KSL-TV News may be required.
- Willing to sign a contractual agreement.
- Willingness to accept responsibility and work under minimal supervision. Ability to use own initiative and show innovation in problem solving.
- Self-starter, capable of performing under pressure particularly during peak hours to meet job deadlines as the services performed affect the ability of others in the department to do their work.
- Willingness to travel on the company's behalf.
- Valid driver`s license and proven ability to safely drive company vehicle or personal vehicle (as case may be) without exposing the company to serious liability risks.
- Receive, process, and maintain information through oral and/or written communication effectively.
- Substantial physical movements (motions) of the wrists, hands, and/or fingers.
- Ability to extend hand(s) and arm(s) in any direction with good eye and hand coordination.
- Lift, move, and carry up to 20 pounds on occasion.
HOW TO APPLY:
Qualified candidates are invited to download the application available on our web site http://www.ksl.com/web/jobs.php
Questions can be directed to Human Resources at (801) 575-5777 or firstname.lastname@example.org. We do not allow walk-in candidates. To be considered an application must be submitted by fax, email, or mail for current posted position(s).
An Equal Opportunity Employer M/F/D/V. KSL Broadcast House, 55 North 300 West, Salt Lake City, Utah 84180. Fax: (801) 575-5820 Web Site: www.ksl.com/web/jobs.php
*This employer participates in E-Verify. The employer will provide the Social Security Administration (SSA) and, if necessary, the Department of Homeland Security (DHS) with information from each new employee\'s I-9 to confirm work authorization. *