BI-LINGUAL MULTI-MEDIA JOURNALIST
Posted on 2013-03-06
By KWCH and KSCW Schurz Communications Inc.
Sunflower Broadcasting, Inc. Wichita, KS (DMA)
Schurz Communications, Inc.
Sunflower Broadcasting, Inc., consisting of KWCH-TV, KSCW-TV, and satellite stations KBSD-TV, KBSH-TV, and KBSL-TV, operates the Spanish station KDCU. KDCU is an Univision station and is currently accepting applications for a full-time Bi-Lingual Multi-Media Journalist for their Spanish newscast. Join one of the largest local news teams in Kansas. TV, Web, Social Media - we do it all on multiple platforms and channels. Join the dominant news station in Kansas and work in a new, state-of-the-art newsroom.
This individual will serve as a General assignment Reporter and Photographer. They will also work as a fill-in Producer and Anchor.
We`re seeking someone with a minimum of one year reporting experience. A bachelor`s degree in Journalism or a related field is required.
- Generates, gathers and provides news and information in the most accurate, appealing, timely and creative way
- Use writing skills for on-air and on-line
- Write and post website original stories prior to airing of the television version
- Demonstrates sound news judgment and ability to tell stories with pictures and natural sound
- Must be able to utilize non-linear editing equipment on a daily basis
- Must be a visual storyteller and have the ability to come up with creative stand-ups and ways to explain a story
- Develops and maintains sources
- Participates in story selection process through meetings; attendance at editorial meetings is required, play an active role in editorial process
- Fill in produce and/or anchor as needed
- Attend/host/speak at community service, schools and community events; meet and greet viewers
- Various shift work will be required; Holiday work is required
- Critique, feedback and training are part of the job
- Follow clothing and appearance guidelines
- Perform other duties as assigned
Essential Skills & Abilities:
- Must be bi-lingual in English and Spanish
- Be able to write clearly, accurately and in an easy to understand manner
- Must possess excellent interview and conversational writing skills
- Excellent live reporting skills and strong on-camera presentation skills required
- Compelling story teller
- Ability to shoot and edit video; create personalized stories
- Able to produce and post original content to our websites
- Ability to generate daily and enterprise story ideas and effectively work a beat
- Able to play an active role in the editorial process
- Able to use social media outlets to engage viewers
- Must be able to work well under pressure and with limited supervision â
- Strong initiative and attention to detail is required
- Ability to maintain a positive work atmosphere by behaving in a manner that will work well with co-workers, supervisors and viewers
HOW TO APPLY:
Interested candidates please visit the following web site: www.schurz.com/careers/career-opportunities/ and search Requisition Number SUN1209 to learn more about the position and apply.