News Reporter/Fill In Anchor
Posted on 2013-03-01
By KTUL KTUL
The News Reporter/Fill-In Anchor is responsible for on-air presentation of the news.
- Must assist in the preparation of the newscasts with script writing and work closely under the direction of the newscast producer. This person will also research, cover, write, and package news, series and related content and generate story and series ideas on a regular basis.
- Must perform live, remote work as needed and maintain awareness of current events.
- Must post stories on the website and social media.
- Works closely with both the photojournalist in developing the best possible visual product.
- Must maintain files for future and past stories.
- Must write to video and look for the best opportunities to take advantage of natural sound on videotape.
- Also, may require reporting responsibilities for other evening newscasts and some on-call reporting and series work.
- Performs other duties as needed and assigned.
Bachelors degree in Journalism or related field preferred. Demonstrated success as a television news reporter/anchor with at least three years experience in radio or television news preferred. Must be able to report accurately, communicate clearly, and possess strong journalistic, artistic and analytical abilities. Experience in shooting and editing is a plus. Must be able to drive and travel to location work. Computer Internet skills are helpful. Must be able to meet deadlines and criticism and meet the physical demands of the position (locations work, typing, on call 24 hours/day). Must maintain a valid driver`s license and good driving record.
HOW TO APPLY:
Send resume and a non-returnable tape to the Director of Human Resources, KTUL, LLC, P. O. Box 8, Tulsa, Oklahoma 74101; or apply in person at KTUL Studio, Lookout Mountain, 3333 South 29th West Avenue, Tulsa, Oklahoma between 8:30AM - 5:30PM, Monday through Friday; or fax resume to (918) 445-956, or e-mail to firstname.lastname@example.org. Please no telephone calls.