KTUU-TV Part-Time Master Control Operator
Posted on 2013-02-26
By Alaska Broadcasters Association Alaska Broadcasters Association
The Master Control Board Operator is responsible for switching all logged commercial and program content on KTUU`s broadcast signal(s), monitoring and maintaining the technical quality of that content as well as the quality of the transmission of that content (in conjunction with the Engineering Department), recording incoming program and commercial feeds as required, and various other related duties. The position offers excellent earnings potential, as well as various benefits, including paid time off and 401(k).
Principal Duties & Responsibilities:
- Switch programs and commercials from video tape, video server, live network, live news and other sources.
- Sign Program Log.
- Check program list and make sure all programs (tapes) scheduled for the shift are on the shelf and all the program episode numbers match the list and log.
- Using timing sheets, calculator and other resources, establish accurate timings for all program and spot content in order to identify all the local break hit times and keep the on-air product on time.
- Manually time out any programs having missing or confusing timing sheets, making corrections or additions to the timing sheet(s), as needed.
- Maintain an accurate commercial program log, with clear notations regarding any changes or discrepancies.
- Monitor on-air product.
- Run commercial breaks and write down on the log all the actual times that the commercials run.
- Record incoming program feeds.
- Management of multiple video servers (recording & playback).
- Digitize commercial or promo spots and programs as needed.
- Monitor the EAS and perform tests/alerts - including Amber Alerts - as required.
- Maintain timely communications with other KTUU Departments regarding issues that may arise requiring input, assistance or decisions.
- Log-in to the MCR utility computer for access to the Discrepancy Report form and NBC Urgent Messaging System and Affiliate Partnership Tool.
- Maintain an accurate and complete Discrepancy Report.
- Monitor the status of the broadcast transmitter(s).
- Other Duties as assigned, including potential heavy lifting.
Reports To: Master Control Supervisor.
This position requires strong computer abilities and a willingness to work all shifts. Previous Master Control experience a plus, but not required.
HOW TO APPLY:
Interested candidates please visit the following web site: www.schurz.com/careers/career-opportunities/, and search Requisition Number KTUU1159 to learn more about the position and apply. NORTHERN LIGHTS MEDIA, INC. IS AN EQUAL OPPORTUNITY EMPLOYER. Offers of employment are contingent upon a pre-employment background check.