Posted on 2013-02-22
By KIOT-FM KKRG-FM KJFA-FM KKSS-FM Univision Radio
The Promotions Technician is responsible for technical and promotional duties, as assigned. This will include, but not be limited to: driving station vehicles, set-up of equipment (sound systems, tents, tables and banners) at station events, sound board operations, and interaction with station listeners.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
- Operate station vehicles and equipment on a daily basis.
- Maintain safe operations of vehicles, equipment and other promotional tools.
- Possess and maintain a good driving record.
- Execute radio station promotional activities.
- Safe keep listener prizes and ensure they are distributed appropriately at station remotes/van hits.
- Compliance with rules, regulations and contract agreements for contest and events as directed
- Execute radio stations live broadcast and/or remotes on a daily basis.
- Trouble shooting on small sound systems/broadcast equipment (basic training provided).
- Work with programming, promotions, and sales to provide support and excellent representation of stations at on-site and off-site events.
- Punctuality at all events and job assignments.
- Must dress in appropriate station clothing at all appearances.
- Follows instructions and takes necessary steps to prevent mistakes and problems.
- Must interact professionally with both listeners and clients at all events.
- Must interact professionally with supervisors and co-workers.
- Perform other duties as assigned.
- Must maintain a good driving record.
- Abides by organizational norms and supports organizational goals.
- Must be able to work flexible hours (including weekends and holidays).
Minimum Qualifications for Consideration:
- Requires good driving record.
- Requires excellent communication and interpersonal skills.
- Requires flexible, highly motivated team player capable of working in a fast-paced environment.
- Remains calm and professional through stressful circumstances and adapts to different situations.
- Exercises problem solving skills and self-sufficiency.
- Must be able to work at least 25 hrs per week.
- Must be able to work weekends and evenings.
- Working knowledge of Microsoft applications.
- High School diploma or equivalent experience required.
- Previous work in events, marketing, promotions, customer service, sales and/or related field preferred.
- Previous work, volunteer, or educational experience in broadcast, entertainment, arts or advertising a plus.
While performing the duties of this job, the employee is occasionally required to stand; walk; sit; use hands to handle or feel objects; reach with hands and arms; climb stairs; balance; stoop, kneel or crouch. The employee must occasionally lift and/or move up to 50 pounds. Specific vision abilities required by the job include close vision, distance vision, and the ability to adjust focus. Must be able to drive.
HOW TO APPLY:
Interested candidates should forward resume to:
Univision RadioNo phone calls please.
Promotion Technician--Part Time (KIOT-KKSS)
Job # ABQTECHENG091812
Attn: Logan Ray, Promotions Supervisor
Fax: (505) 254-7108
Mail: 8009 Marble NE, Albuquerque, NM 87110
Job posted by an EQUAL EMPLOYMENT OPPORTUNITY EMPLOYER