On-Air Talent (KKRG)
Posted on 2013-02-22
By KIOT-FM KKRG-FM KJFA-FM KKSS-FM Univision Radio
- Primary function is to perform as creative on-air radio personality as assigned by Program Director, in a unique bilingual version of our popular “LA Kalle” format. Secondary function is to use creativity in production of commercial recordings.
- Perform as on-air personality, as scheduled, and follow own thought-out and prepared show.
- Responsible for creating, writing and delivering creative elements on-air, including attention-grabbing topics/issues for the show.
- Follow designated show format.
- Maintain compliance with FCC regulations at all times, including awareness of prohibited language on-air.
- Research information as requested for show.
- Create bits and/or stunts to be used during their show, as appropriate.
- Air music as scheduled and as provided by the Program Director.
- Air all liners, promos and commercials as logged.
- Operate system board efficiently, including making necessary stop breaks and timely announcements, including sponsorships and name mentions.
- Creative production and editing of commercials (voiceovers) for clients and station as directed by Production Manager.
- Translate, create and write copy as assigned.
- Works with the traffic department to ensure all commercial copy is correct and dates and times of airing are as provided by sales.
- Meets with clients when necessary to prepare commercials on and off site.
- Assist in the development and carrying out of station and on-air promotions.
- Follow contest rules and station rules in regard to station contests.
- Greet listeners, attend and assist special events, remotes, and other company sponsored events.
- Participation in remotes and van hits as assigned by Program Director/Promotions Coordinator.
- Live appearances/broadcasts on location as assigned by Program Director/Promotions Coordinator.
- Responsible for performing Master/Mistress of Ceremonies duties for station promotions, special events and special appearances, as assigned.
- Participation and involvement with the community.
- Drive to events/remotes and other special occasions, as needed.
- Must be familiar with station’s format.
- Must maintain an acceptable driving record.
- Produce timely, complete and accurate reports, as requested.
- Special attention to deadlines.
- Regular attendance and punctuality.
- Follow work schedule as assigned by supervisor.
- Other duties as assigned.
Minimum Qualifications for Consideration:
- Special personality creativity for on air recording and production for show, as requested by Programming Director.
- Requires the ability to work with all levels of management.
- Requires working knowledge of Microsoft Outlook software packages.
- Requires knowledge of programming and production software (i.e. Audio Vault, Audition, Console Production, Collateral Hardware, and Music Master).
- Requires excellent interpersonal skills.
- Enthusiastic, dedicated and self-motivated.
- Ability to problem-solve.
- Must have good organizational skills.
- Must be able to work flexible hours, including evenings and weekends.
- Must have adequate transportation for driving, plus a valid driving license and acceptable driving record. Experience and Education:
- High School Diploma preferred.
- Minimum of 1 year of On-Air experience preferred.
- Must have excellent ability to speak, read and write in Spanish.
- Must have excellent ability to speak, read and write in English.
- While performing the duties of this job, the employee is occasionally required to stand, walk, sit, use hands to handle, or feel objects, reach with hands and arms, climb stairs, balance, stoop, kneel, or crouch. The employee must occasionally lift and/or move up to 25 pounds. Specific vision abilities required by the job include close vision, distance vision, and the ability to adjust focus. Some travel may be required.
HOW TO APPLY:
Interested candidates should mail/email resume and demo tape to:
Univision Radio - AlbuquerqueNo phone calls.
Attn: Juan Zavala, Program Director
8009 Marble NE
Albuquerque, NM 87110
Fax: (505) 254-7108
DEMO tape required with Application/Resume
Job posted by an EQUAL EMPLOYMENT OPPORTUNITY EMPLOYER