Interactive Content Producer
Posted on 2013-02-18
By WHNT-TV Nexstar Media
We are looking for a creative visionary with proven experience and a strong command of the English language. You should already be a prolific user of Twitter, Facebook, the web, mobile devices and other forms of interactive engagement.
Some knowledge of graphic editing is a plus (Fireworks, Photoshop). We prefer candidates who have journalism, English or another relevant college degree.
The shift will generally be a Monday-Friday nightside shift (2-11pm).
As part of the application process, candidates must submit a written critique of our website, www.whnt.com and social media efforts on Facebook and Twitter.
Applicants who are interviewed will have to take a writing, spelling, current events and breaking news test.
Core Job Functions:
- Generate new, fresh content (text stories, video, polls, photo galleries, etc.) for station website and social media platforms on a variety of subjects.
- Aggressive response to breaking news on web and social media platforms.
- Maintaining quality control on all platforms by proofing content that is already on site.
- Respond to interactive-related emails.
- Develop supporting/supplemental interactive content for on-air reports.
- Suggest story ideas for on-air news coverage.
- Produce stories for on-air or web initiatives.
Minimum Knowledge Skills & Abilities:
- Strong command of the English language, grammar, spelling and punctuation.
- Working knowledge of WordPress (preferred) and/or other web posting software and Photoshop.
- Ability to type, use computers, and other such equipment.
- Ability to work under extreme pressure and deadlines.
- Good communication skills and team-building skills. Ability to multi-task.
- Candidate must also possess a valid state driver`s license (or be able to get one).
- A college degree in Journalism, English or relevant degree is preferred.
- Also, prefer candidates with 2-3 years experience as a print, web or digital journalist.
HOW TO APPLY:
RUSH your resume, cover letter, references, writing samples and critique of our web/social media platforms to Claire Aiello, Web Content Manager, WHNT News 19, 200 Holmes Ave., Huntsville, AL 35801 256-535-9241, or email firstname.lastname@example.org