Posted on 2013-02-18
By WZHT-FM/WWMG-FM/WHLW-FM iHeartMedia
Clear Channel Communications, Inc. is the world`s largest radio and outdoor advertising company with leading market positions in each of its two business segments: Media & Entertainment and Outdoor. Clear Channel is also one of the most innovative media players in the market - a leader in the converging media space, having developed best-in-class integrated media offers (e.g. Radio/Web) and having built significant positions in the HD arena.
A centrally located 3 station cluster is looking for a creative individual to be our Promotions Director and Online Content Director. You should be experienced in all aspects of promotions and will be responsible for the creation, management and oversight of promotions for our radio stations. We are looking for a candidate who is passionate about promotions and radio and experienced in developing revenue-generating ideas that get results for clients. The successful candidate will be creative, highly motivated, organized and a team player with attention to detail and demonstrated ability to multi-task.
- Manage and lead the department and create new, and profitable events
- Plan, execute and track revenue-generating marketing and promotional events and contests that take place on-air, on-line and on-site
- Implement all aspects of contesting
- Create client promotions and promotional proposals with Program Director and Sales Managers
- Work directly with Programming, Sales and other departments as required
- Responsible for maintaining costs within department budget and ordering promotional merchandise within budgeted allocations
- Participate at station promotional events as necessary, including set-up and breakdown promotional equipment/materials for on-site promotional, sales and charity events
- Maximize integration with on air and on line products.
- Identify relevant events and feature prominently on sites.
- Work with sales staff to identify available inventory and tout new features.
- Manage and maintain sites on a day to day basis.
- Proactive in developing new content and to be looking for opportunities on other websites and shared services.
- Daily/weekly/monthly monitor services to track unique visitors, page views, and progress of the station sites.
- Must have solid organizational skills
- Exceptional written and verbal communication skills
- Proficiency in Microsoft Office software and database management
- Proven ability to multi-task in a fast paced environment
- Must be able to work flexible hours, including weekends and evening hours, as necessary
- Must have a valid driver`s license and be able to drive station vehicles to and from station activities if required
- Related experience is required, preferably in radio or media and a college degree in marketing or communications is preferred
HOW TO APPLY: