Associate Director, Research
Posted on 2013-02-14
By CareerPage CareerPage
Position supports the needs of senior management in regard to program strategy, network performance and industry trends. Ideal applicant will be forward-thinking, have a passion for media research, possess relevant experience, need little supervision and have a love of television & movies.
- Collaborate with senior management using all research tools available.
- Prepare daily, weekly, monthly reports as requested for senior management.
- Develop program ratings estimates as requested.
- Track, analyze and report ReelzChannel performance trends, audience delivery and audience composition.
- Develop decks to highlight these trends and changes in programming. Monitor and report on key competitors and trends in the marketplace.
- Work closely with SVP, Programming & SVP, Production/Development to further develop the programming strategy.
- Identify new research tools and the information they provide.
- Manage programming research testing & focus group testing.
- Communicate changes in viewing patterns across new technologies.
Education: Bachelor`s Degree in related field.
Experience: Minimum of 7 years professional experience in programming media research at a cable or broadcast network.
Skills: Strategic, pro-active thinker with the ability to analyze ratings data, demographics, audience flow and composition. Strong communication skills, writing, analytical and presentation skills. Attention to detail is crucial. Must be able to handle multiple projects and meet tight deadlines.
Expertise:Proficient with Nielsen audience data and systems (NPower, StarMedia, Kantar, and other systems). Demonstrated expertise in Microsoft Office applications, including Word, Excel and PowerPoint.
Seeking an energetic, strategic, hands-on research professional to work in a fast-growing, entrepreneurial environment. This team member will provide insight that contributes to decisions made by the senior management team at one of the industry’s fastest growing cable networks. Innovative thinking is required to evaluate programming acquisitions and original development for the Network.
Average sitting, standing, and office-type movement. Average lifting, moving, and pulling abilities. Must be able to perform the essential functions of the job. The Company will make reasonable physical accommodations to facilitate the ability to perform essential job functions.
HOW TO APPLY:
HUMAN RESOURCES DEPARTMENT
5650 University Blvd SE
Albuquerque, NM 87106
No Telephone Calls Please
AN EQUAL OPPORTUNITY EMPLOYER