Promo Writer/ Producer/ Editor
Posted on 2013-02-11
By CareerPage CareerPage
This position has the overall responsibility and decision making for conceptualizing, writing, producing and editing on-air promotions, ad sales and marketing projects.
- Independently create programming, marketing and sales promotions by concepting, producing, writing and editing assigned projects.
- Maintain the editorial "style" and "brand" of Reelzchannel and shows.
- Create long form videos, marketing presentations and other unique special projects for TV stations and Clients.
- Projects are highly creative and original.
- Manage the workflow of projects and address all challenges to keep projects moving ahead to completion while meeting all assigned deadlines.
- Routinely exercise independent judgment and decision-making in carrying out job functions and completing assigned project.
- Work cooperatively and collaboratively with others. Build effective working relationships with co-workers in same and different departments, customers, vendors and the general public. Act in a professional manner.
- Perform other duties as assigned. Report to work on time and work established schedule/hours.
- Ability to work other hours or alternate schedules as needed, as assigned by Management or required to complete a project or task.
- Bachelor`s degree in related field or an equivalent combination of skills, training, and experience in the cable television industry.
- A minimum of 3 years of previous similar work experience.
- Requires excellent verbal and written communication, organizational, and attention to detail.
- Proficiency in Microsoft Word and Excel.
- Superior writing, producing, and non-linear editing skills required (a writing test is required to qualify).
- Thorough knowledge of software and editing and production techniques.
- Significant experience with Final Cut Pro.
- Must be highly creative.
- Proven ability to create and lead a project from start to finish without direct supervision.
- Must have a valid driver`s license and clean driving record as determined by the Company.
- Ability to work effectively under pressure and meet short deadlines.
Lift up to 50 lbs occasionally (camera equipment). Sit or stand for extended periods of time, in a confined area. Ability to communicate in English both verbally and in writing. Ability to hear clearly. Manual dexterity to manipulate computer keys and other controls in studio as well as other equipment. Must be able to think quickly and creatively. Requires ability to articulate information in a clear, concise manner to others.
HOW TO APPLY:
HUMAN RESOURCES DEPARTMENT
5650 University Blvd SE
Albuquerque, NM 87106
No Telephone Calls Please
AN EQUAL OPPORTUNITY EMPLOYER
Job posted by an EQUAL EMPLOYMENT OPPORTUNITY EMPLOYER