KPKX Promotion Manager
Posted on 2013-02-07
By KPKX, KTAR, KTAR Bonneville International Corporation
POSITION OBJECTIVE: Oversee planning and execution of promotional efforts that meet the needs of the sales and programming departments, which would enhance revenue potential resulting in increased ratings. Be a fully contributing member of the Marketing Services Department and help assure station`s goals and objectives are met with respect to advertisers, listeners and station image. Help increase revenue through ideation and execution of on-air and online promotions for and with the sales and programming department.
- Promotions/marketing background required with a minimum of three years in the field of broadcasting, marketing, advertising or related field.
- Experience with web content creation and maintenance as well as social media management.
- Possess strong written and verbal skills.
- Creative experience in successfully building and executing sales promotions is required.
- Experience working with both non-profit and entertainment organizations.
- Proven ability to initiate and work independently, if necessary, and operate effectively in high-pressure, time-sensitive situations.
- Excellent organization of detail & project completion required.
- Possess an understanding of target audience`s lifestyle and interests.
- Computer literate. Experience with digital platforms including social media, text messaging and database marketing required.
- Prior experience working with account managers and sales staffs.
- Experience with event management, including logistical coordination, and execution.
- Ability to manage and train support staff.
- Possess valid driver`s license and proven ability to safely drive company vehicle without exposing the company to serious liability risks.
- Project appropriate company image with respect to dress and demeanor.
- Work in compliance with Company policies and procedures.
- Work effectively in a team environment.
- Maintain a positive and cooperative rapport with staff, management, listeners, vendors and clients.
- Participate in and actively support Bonneville's EEO policy as it relates to recruitment, selection, evaluation, compensation, training, promotion and termination. Includes being knowledgeable and conversant with the FCC EEO Rules effective March 10, 2003, and understanding the compliance issues that safeguard the station's FCC license.
- Take a proactive role in supporting Bonneville's policy to prevent harassment of any kind within the workplace, at off-site places of company business and at company-sponsored social venues.
- Assure that employees working in your department will receive annual performance appraisals. Guarantee that employees will sign Conflict of Interest and Payola forms annually.
- Medium/major broadcast market experience.
- 4 year college degree or equivalent work experience
- Basic knowledge of prize system software, html, PowerPoint, Word, Excel, Photoshop and other computer programs.
- Ability to learn new technologies and remain on the forefront of digital innovation as it pertains to the broadcast industry.
- Substantial movements (motions) of the wrists, hands and/or fingers.
- Ability to give and receive information through oral communications.
- Ability to lift, move and carry up to 100 pounds on occasion, and up to 50 pounds of force frequently.
- Stooping, kneeling and reaching.
HOW TO APPLY:
Qualified candidates are invited to complete the on line application available on our web site at www.ktar.com.
Questions can be directed to firstname.lastname@example.org. We do not allow walk-in candidates. To be considered an application must be submitted only for current posted position(s). Resume is accepted only when accompanying our application. If you are offered employment by Bonneville International Corporation, you will be asked to sign an agreement to arbitrate any disputes that may arise between you and Bonneville regarding your employment with the company prior to commencing employment with the company.
An Equal Opportunity Employer
Bonneville International Corporation participates in E-Verify and complies with all right to work laws.