Sales Research Director
Posted on 2013-02-06
By CareerPage CareerPage
Can you read between the numbers? Do you know Nielsen? If so, you could be our next Sales Research Director.
WHAM-TV in Rochester, NY, is looking for a full-time Sales Research Director, who will interpret local broadcast television stations` ratings and supporting research to assist Account Executives and sales managers in selling the station. The Sales Research Director will assist in the creation of sales materials used by local and national account executives, sales assistants, and station management.
- Bachelor`s Degree or Equivalent experience in marketing, English, or statistics.
- Three to five years of experience working inside a small to mid-size meter-diary or local people meter market.
- Three to five years of research experience working inside a local television station sales department.
- High level of proficiency working with Nielsen Media Research on local television sample.
- Expert level proficiency in all MS Office products, particularly MS Word, MS Excel, and MS PowerPoint.
- Expert level proficiency with media-related software including OSi, AdConnections, Media Audit, KANTAR Media, Google Analytics, or other comparable software.
- Knowledge of Adobe Photoshop or other creative suites a plus.
- Excellent writer and presenter with ability to attend and make sales calls with local account executives.
- Expert level background and knowledge base in television marketing including competitive media, ratings calculations, estimate preparation, and qualitative measurement.
- Must be comfortable training staff on new software, measurement techniques, ratings or research developments.
- Must be diligent, pay strict attention to detail, and be a self-starter.
- Must be able to work unsupervised and still maintain a very high level of accountability.
- Must be able to effectively position and sell non-traditional local broadcast affiliates with creative research and out-of-the-box thinking.
HOW TO APPLY:
Applicants must apply online. Apply at www.sbgi.net and click on "Employment". Internal applicants at a Sinclair station should see their local HR contact to apply for this position.
No phone calls or e-mails please.