KTUU-TV Morning Utility/Technical Director
Posted on 2013-02-05
By Alaska Broadcasters Association Alaska Broadcasters Association
KTUU, an award-winning television station in Anchorage, Alaska, is seeking a Morning Utility/Technical Director. This individual aids in the set-up for live newscasts, in addition to operating production equipment for newscasts and other special programming. The position offers excellent earnings potential, as well as a comprehensive benefit package, including group health & dental, PTO and 401(k).
Principal Duties & Responsibilities:
- Operate studio cameras, audio boards, and maintain knowledge of lighting and production of computer graphics as directed by Producer and/or Director during newscasts or other special programming.
- Ability to learn Technical direction of live newscasts and/or other special programming.
- Ability to learn to create on-air graphics.
- Operate audio board as directed by Producer and/or Director during newscasts or other special programming.
- Communicate instructions to talent and guests during live and live-on-tape productions.
- Produce daily/weekly promos.
- Maintain and replace set and studio lighting.
- Ability to learn the higher functions of live television production.
- Perform other job-related duties as assigned.
We`re seeking someone with previous news operation experience, preferably in a live broadcast environment. A minimum of an Associate`s degree, or equivalent practical experience, is preferred. A valid driver`s license, with a good driving record, is required.
Essential Knowledge & Skills:
- Working knowledge of studio cameras, audio, lighting and other technical aspects of television production.
- Excellent visual sense.
- Able to follow written and verbal direction.
- Excellent communication and listening skills.
- Proficient in basic computer skills.
- Strong organizational skills.
- Flexible to work various shifts.
- Able to handle high-stress situations and pressure deadlines.
- Potential to develop leadership skills.
- Able to work with other departments and work well in a team environment.
- Ability to work independently with little supervision.
- Ability to remain positive and foster a positive work environment.
HOW TO APPLY:
Interested candidates please visit the following web site:
www.schurz.com/careers/career-opportunities/ and search Requisition Numbers KTUU1148 to learn more about the positions and apply.
NORTHERN LIGHTS MEDIA, INC. IS AN EQUAL OPPORTUNITY EMPLOYER. Offers of employment are contingent upon a pre-employment background check.