Fact Finder News Producer
Posted on 2013-01-31
By KWCH and KSCW Schurz Communications Inc.
FACT FINDER NEWS PRODUCER
Sunflower Broadcasting, Wichita, KS (DMA)
Sunflower Broadcasting, Inc., consisting of KWCH-TV, KSCW-TV, and satellite stations KBSD-TV, KBSH-TV, and KBSL-TV, is currently accepting applications for a full-time Producer for our Fact Finder team. Join the dominant news station in Kansas and work in a new, state-of-the-art newsroom.
We`re seeking someone with 1-3 years of newsroom experience (including, but not limited to, investigative reporting, research, data mining, broadcast news reporting and newscast producing). This position requires research experience above and beyond that of a typical news reporter. The Fact Finder Producer researches and produces memorable newscasts segments for the Fact Finder 12 team. This position will oversee and execute all editorial and production elements of segments, including editing, writing, ordering/creating graphics, and coordinating live shots.
A Bachelor`s degree in a related field, and a valid driver`s license with a good driving record, are required.
Essential Skills & Abilities:
- Strong research skills, including online research using various search engines (demonstrable expertise in Excel, and ability to file open records requests including FOIA and KORA)
- Clear, concise, conversational writing skills
- Excellent communication skills
- Solid news judgment
- Strong journalistic ethics
- Strong initiative and attention to detail
- Creativity, and the ability to create compelling and memorable newscasts
- Knowledge of newsroom and web posting software
- Ability to stay current with national and local news/weather
- Intermediate level knowledge of social media
- Ability to meet tight deadlines and work well under pressure
- Ability to work independently with little supervision
- Demonstrate leadership through training and mentoring less experienced staff members; guide others to get the desired outcome
- Ability to remain positive and foster a positive work environment; work well with co-workers
- Edit video and audio on industry standard equipment
- Build graphics and use them effectively in shows
- Handle and adjust to last-minute changes
- Make quick, accurate decisions during the on-air process
- Some weekends, evenings, and holidays required
HOW TO APPLY:
Interested candidates please visit the following web site: www.schurz.com/careers/career-opportunities/
and search Requisition Number SUN1056 to learn more about the position and apply.