Community Relations Manager
Posted on 2013-01-30
COMMUNITY RELATIONS MANAGER
Belo Corp.- KTVK-TV, KASW-TV, and AZFAMILY.COM, are seeking an experienced community relations professional that will manage and develop community service initiatives, supporting each station’s brand strategy and build incremental revenue.
THE SUCCESSFUL CANDIDATE WILL HAVE:
- Minimum (5) five years experience in local community relations, special events & sales/marketing strongly preferred
- Leadership track record in project management
- Public relations and management experience
- Media/television experience preferred
- Excellent communication skills with people at all levels to include writing ability
- Good business judgment
- Strong organizational skills and ability to multi-task on multiple projects at one time
- Knowledge of the non-profit sector
- Ability to build strong relationships internally/externally
- Self-starter and can work with changing priorities and tight deadlines
- Firm grasp of selling techniques and news standards
- Vast network of community and business leader contacts (CEO and Executive Director level)
- Working knowledge of Microsoft Excel, Word, Power Point, Facebook and Twitter
- College degree in related field
- Develop, initiate and implement results driven community relations initiatives.
- Consistently measure and grow current community relations projects with a fresh eye on innovation and opportunities for collaboration internally and externally to grow the impact footprint of those programs.
- Serve as the community liaison to ascertain the key issues in the community the stations should be focused.
- Identify, execute and manage station sponsorships with a focus on measurable outcomes and deliverables.
- Develop and implement consistent communication strategy out to community and business leaders.
- Work with Creative Services to produce PSA’s, video tapes and collateral materials for community projects.
- Regularly meet with community leaders and clients during and after standard work hours.
- Work with sales to drive incremental revenue with community initiatives.
- Work directly with the News department on implementation of community relations initiatives to ensure campaigns are communicated seamlessly on air.
- Represent stations on community boards, committees and events during and after standard work hours.
- Develop and implement social media and digital initiatives and manage a large, multiple-asset social media presence.
- Serve as a key resource on emerging media concepts and best practices; including the creation and delivery of training workshops and presentations.
- Other duties and responsibilities as assigned.
We offer an outstanding compensation plan with benefits effective the date of hire, including medical, dental, vision, life insurance, paid time off, and 401(k). Our team members also enjoy working in the fun and exciting atmosphere of a major media organization with local and national advancement opportunities.
Please send resume and salary requirements to: Human Resources, KTVK/azfamily.com, 5555 N. 7th Avenue, Phoenix, AZ 85013; email: firstname.lastname@example.org ; fax: (602) 207-3336. EOE.
BELO Corp (NYSE: BLC)
It is the policy of this station not to discriminate in its employment and personnel practices because of the person's age, race, color, creed, religion, gender, national origin, sexual orientation, or any other protected classes. Discriminatory practices are specifically prohibited by KTVK-TV and the Federal Communications Commission.
HOW TO APPLY: