Interactive Content Producer
Posted on 2013-01-14
By ABA Alabama Broadcasters Association
WHNT NEWS 19 (CBS) in Huntsville, Alabama, has an immediate opening for a dynamic Interactive Content Producer.
If you are on the leading edge of understanding how people are consuming news and information on a variety of interactive and social media platforms, get your resume to us ASAP. We are looking for a creative visionary with proven experience and a strong command of the English language.
Core Job Functions:
- Generate new, fresh content (text stories, video, polls, photo galleries, etc.) for station website and social media platforms on a variety of subjects.
- Aggressive response to breaking news on web and social media platforms
- Maintaining quality control on all platforms by proofing content that is already on site.
- Respond to interactive-related emails.
- Develop supporting/supplemental interactive content for on-air reports.
- Suggest story ideas for on-air news coverage.
- Produce stories for on-air or web initiatives.
You should already be a prolific user of Twitter, Facebook, the web, mobile devices and other forms of interactive engagement. Some knowledge of graphic editing is a plus (Fireworks, Photoshop). We prefer candidates who have journalism, English or another relevant college degree. The shift will generally be a Monday-Friday nightside shift (2-11pm).
HOW TO APPLY:
As part of the application process, candidates must submit a written critique of our website, www.whnt.com and social media efforts on Facebook and Twitter. Applicants who are interviewed will have to take a writing, spelling, current events and breaking news test.
RUSH your resume, cover letter, references, writing samples and critique of our web/social media platforms to Claire Aiello, Web Content Manager, WHNT News 19, 200 Holmes Ave., Huntsville, AL 35801 256-535-9241, or email firstname.lastname@example.org (02-14-13)