News Content Specialist
Posted on 2013-01-07
By ABA Alabama Broadcasters Association
WSFA 12 News has an immediate opening for a part-time News Content Specialist.
Responsible for operating various news gathering equipment, including but not limited to, microwave live truck, video camera, and video editing equipment.
- College degree required from an accredited College or University, majoring in Communications or Journalism or be a junior or senior in college on course to graduate.
- Minimum 1-2 years experience with television broadcasting.
- Working with Panasonic P2 camera equipment, ENPS computer system as well as BitCentral non-linear editing is a plus.
- Must be a strong writer, able to work teleprompter, studio camera, audio, switcher and contribute to wsfa.com, Twitter & facebook.
- Must work well under pressure and daily deadlines.
- Must have good creative and editorial judgment and understand journalistic ethics and libel laws.
- Must have a clean driving record and possess a valid driver`s license.
- Work with producers, reporters, anchors and news team.
Flexible work hours required, including holidays, weekends, evenings and possible overtime hours. Ability to lift loads up to 50 lbs.
HOW TO APPLY:
Contact, Scott Duff, WSFA 12 News, News Director, 12 East Delano Ave., Montgomery, Alabama 36105. No phone calls please. EOE-M/F/D/V (02-07-12)