Posted on 2013-04-01
By KWCH and KSCW Schurz Communications Inc.
Sunflower Broadcasting in Wichita, KS is seeking a full time production assistant. Responsible for operating broadcast production equipment for producing newscasts and other special programming. Responsible for camera shots, audio, and technical direction of the newscasts.
- Operates studio camera and Chyron as directed by Producer and/or Director during newscasts or other special programming
- Responsible for operating the teleprompter, controlling the pace
- Use non-linear editing when necessary
- Operate audio board during newscasts or other special programming
- Responsible for the input and recall of all news graphics for daily newscasts and the construction and input of graphic elements for all production in studio and for mobile services
- Communicates instructions to talent and guests during live and live-on-tape productions
- Produce daily/weekly promos
- Must be able to perform routine studio and set maintenance, including regularly checking and changing studio lights
- Responsible to make sure studio is clean, ensure set and talent look their best
- Perform other job-related duties as assigned
- Will be required to operate field cameras and lighting equipment as required while assisting with remote production events
- Operate robotic cameras
- Create on-air graphics
- Responsible for transcription and captioning of programs when required.
- 6 months experience
- Previous news operation experience in a live broadcast environment preferred
- Basic knowledge of television production
- Photoshop and After Effects experience a plus
- Must be able to maneuver studio cameras and pedestals to different heights, locations and angles
- Must be able to perform routine studio and set maintenance, including regularly checking and changing studio lights.
- Working knowledge of studio cameras, Final-Cut Pro, Chyron, and Photoshop
- Basic knowledge of audio levels
- Strong initiative and attention to detail is required
- Must be able to follow written and verbal direction
- Excellent listening skills, good communication skills required
- Proficient in Microsoft Office and Google
- Must be flexible to work other shifts
- Must be able to handle high stress situations and pressure deadlines
- Must be able to work with other departments and work well in a team environment
- Ability to work independently with little supervision
- Ability to remain positive and foster a positive work environment
- Must have an energetic attitude and be able to represent all TV stations in public in a positive, professional manner
- High School/GED
- Some college or vocational schooling
- Valid driver`s license with a good driving record
- Duties are performed mostly indoors in an office environment.
- Employee will be exposed to atmospheric conditions
- Sitting for extended periods of time is required
- Ability to lift and carry 15 - 50 lbs. for short distances
- While performing the duties of this position, the employee is required to stand, walk, talk, hear, use hands and fingers, reach, grab, handle or feel, stoop, kneel, crouch, and crawl, regularly sit, talk, and hear.
- Required to have availability on weekends, evenings, early morning shifts as business requires
- *Some field production assistance is expected
HOW TO APPLY:
Interested candidates please visit the following web site: www.schurz.com/careers/career-opportunities/ and search Requisition Number SUN1281 to learn more about the position and apply.