Posted on 2013-01-25
By KTVL Sinclair Broadcast Group
KTVL, CBS Medford, OR is seeking an RF Engineer. You will be directly responsible for hands-on support of modern broadcast equipment.
- Corrective and scheduled preventative maintenance for all transmitter equipment including a network of translators.
- Corrective and scheduled preventative maintenance for all broadcast equipment including tape machines, switchers, ENG equipment, transmitters and translators.
- Identify and respond to component level problems of all broadcast equipment and transmitters.
- Provide technical support for all broadcast equipment.
- General station maintenance including but not limited to transmitter systems.
- Equipment installations and upgrades.
- Primary emergency repair response while on-call and for backup emergency repair response, if available, while not on-call.
- Act as designated FCC Chief Operator and as back-up for the Chief Engineer during absence.
- Must possess a positive work attitude, a strong work ethic, and ability to work well with others.
- Desire to be a team player in a professional work environment.
- Excellent problem solving skills.
- Solid communication and interpersonal skills.
- Strong PC and networking skills.
- Minimum of 3-5 years of experience as an RF Engineer.
- Knowledge of RF transmitter(s) or communications systems maintenance required.
- Knowledge of broadcast automation systems (Sundance Automation preferred) or PC/Server control systems.
- Solid knowledge of FCC regulations concerning TV broadcasting.
- Associate Degree in Electronics, other related technical degree or equivalent military electronics training, certification a plus.
- Must have reliable transportation and a valid driver's license in good standing.
HOW TO APPLY:
If you`re interested in joining our team you MUST apply online to be considered. To apply, go to www.ktvl.com. No phone calls or emails please.