KTUU-TV News Producer
Posted on 2013-01-14
By Alaska Broadcasters Association Alaska Broadcasters Association
The Producer is responsible for producing newscasts including: writing scripts, editing copy, ordering graphics to fit stories, coordinating live shots with directors, production staff, reporters & photographers. The position offers excellent earnings potential, as well as a comprehensive benefit package, including 401(k).
Principal Duties & Responsibilities:
- Prioritize, organize, and produce newscasts following the station brand and goals.
- Responsible for writing clearly, concisely and very conversationally.
- Maintain working knowledge of current events, community issues, and extensive list of local contacts.
- Attend morning/afternoon meetings with enterprise story ideas each day.
- Accurate video editing, with an eye for visual elements and graphics that makes stories understandable to the viewer.
- Responsible for developing original story ideas for daily newscasts.
- Special emphasis on working with reporters on story treatment, and ability to accurately gather information for news stories under pressure.
- Act as a leader in facilitating teamwork of staff members working on your specific newscast.
- Able to accurately and calmly handle decision-making process, especially in the control room.
- Must possess excellent communication and organizational abilities, including working with the News Director and Senior Producer to ensure story accuracy, and to determine the best presentation of reports. ā€¢Responsible for creating a unique approach to all digital elements for the news department, including: Facebook page, Twitter, web site.
- Copyedit stories on the web site while checking newscast scripts.
- Must be willing to work flexible hours, including evening, weekends, and holidays as needed.
- Work well with co-workers, especially the News Director.
- Must create "Anchor moments"¯ in newscasts, do break-outs of stories with reporters.
- Must post additional content (stories, links, video, polls, etc.) to the web and/or Facebook daily.
We`re seeking some with 1-2 years of local television experience, with a degree in journalism or a related field. A valid driver`s license is also required.
HOW TO APPLY:
Interested candidates please visit the following web site:
and search Requisition Numbers KTUU1088 to learn more about the positions and apply. NORTHERN LIGHTS MEDIA, INC. IS AN EQUAL OPPORTUNITY EMPLOYER. Offers of employment are contingent upon a pre-employment background check.