Social Media Manager
Posted on 2013-01-07
Belo Corp's KTVK-TV, KASW-TV, and AZFAMILY.COM, are seeking an experienced Social Media Manager. This position will manage the full lifecycle of all social media projects and campaigns; including strategy, implementation, and analyzing and reporting results.
- Daily management of social media platforms, including but not limited to Facebook and Twitter, to provide timely updates of information, engagement with audience and promotion of web and TV content.
- Train and advise newsroom staff on how to best leverage social media for news publishing and promotion.
- Manage social media strategy, developing action plans, guidelines and goals for individual staffers and station-wide initiatives. Define tactics for staff to deploy in pursuit of stated goals and measures progress, holding individuals and teams accountable.
- Maintain and convey a positive attitude about social media to the newsroom. Bring fresh ideas and a passion for social media and communicate effectively, build trust and foster community in the fast-paced environment of continuously updated digital news.
- Write and adjust copy for a variety of social platforms in a way that triggers positive engagement from the audience.
- Create reports, analyze data and make recommendations on how to improve campaigns across a variety of social media platforms.
- Create, communicate, and implement a strategic roadmap for innovative, user-focused digital media experiences across multiple platforms.
- Three (3) to six (6) years of social media management preferred with a demonstrable success building, cultivating and managing significant audiences with Twitter, Facebook or other social media tools.
- College degree in journalism, business, advertising/marketing preferred.
- A proven track record of engaging online audiences in a local news environment preferred.
- Experience in a television newsroom, newspaper, or Internet news service preferred.
- Passion for learning the latest social media platforms and best practices.
- Ability to thrive in a fast-paced, 365/24/7 news driven environment and adapt with flexibility.
- Excellent organization skills and the ability to manage multiple projects efficiently.
- Excellent oral and written communication skills for effective communication with all levels of stakeholders.
- Collaborative team player able to integrate with a diverse team full of opinions and ideas.
- Consistent, thorough with good attention to detail.
- Must demonstrate strong news judgment and journalistic integrity.
- Intermediate Internet technology skills, including some HTML, a plus.
HOW TO APPLY:
We offer an outstanding compensation plan with benefits effective the date of hire, including dental, vision, life insurance, paid time off, and 401(k). Our team members also enjoy working in the fun and exciting atmosphere of a major media organization with local and national advancement opportunities.
Please send resume and samples of your social media campaigns:
Attn: Director of Digital Media, KTVK/azfamily.com
5555 N. 7th Avenue
Phoenix, AZ 85013
fax: (602) 207-3336.
EOE. www.azfamily.com BELO Corp (NYSE: BLC)
It is the policy of this station not to discriminate in its employment and personnel practices because of the person's age, race, color, creed, religion, gender, national origin, sexual orientation, or any other protected classes. Discriminatory practices are specifically prohibited by KTVK-TV and the Federal Communications Commission.