Posted on 2013-01-02
By KPTV Fox12
News Reporter KPTV5328
KPTV Fox12 in Portland, OR is currently recruiting for the position of News Reporter. The Reporter researches, develops and reports news stories and events in coordination with the assignment desk and Producers. Additionally, the reporter will maintain contacts within the business community, assist in writing promos and make public appearances on behalf of the station.
Meredith Corporation is an Equal Opportunity Employer. It is the policy of this Company not to discriminate in its employment or personnel practices because of race, color, national origin, sex, religion, creed, age, disability, sexual orientation, marital status, military service, or any other characteristic that is legally protected. Discrimination practices are specifically prohibited by federal and state statutes and regulations, including regulations of the Federal Communications Commission. If you believe your equal employment rights have been violated by Meredith Corporation, you may contact Meredith`s Corporate Human Resources/EEO office at 1716 Locust Street, Des Moines, Iowa 50309-3023, the appropriate state or local EEO/civil rights agency, or if you work at one of Meredith`s broadcasting stations you may also contact the FCC in Washington, DC 20054.
Meredith Corporation`s Vice President, Human Resources, oversees Labor and Human Rights policies for the Company.
Education: Bachelor`s degree in Broadcast Journalism, Communications or a related field, or equivalent experience preferred.
Experience: Two years experience as a reporter for commercial/public television or commercial/public radio
Specific Knowledge, Skills and Abilities:
- Knowledge of how to blend words and video into informative and interesting television news stories.
- Knowledge of issues impacting the Pacific Northwest, specifically Portland DMA.
- Ability to perform quality work under high pressure deadline situations.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills.
- Must be able to manage multiple projects and assignments simultaneously.
- Must have a valid Oregon or Washington driver’s license.
- Ability to work a flexible work schedule and work as a member of a team.
HOW TO APPLY:
Qualified applicants may apply online via the Meredith Careers page located at: www.meredith.com.