Posted on 2013-01-15
By KHON Nexstar Media
KHON-TV, the FOX and CW affiliates, is looking for a Digital Manager to join our growing interactive team. This individual will be responsible for designing and implementing key projects for our digital portfolio. This is a new position.
The role of the Digital Manager is primarily responsible for prioritizing key projects and initiatives, and the daily managing of the tactical operations of our digital portfolio of sites, projects, and initiatives.
Specifically, the Digital Manager is responsible for performing the following tasks:
- Optimize and manage content for digital properties, both editorial and advertising-related, including mobile
- Provide analytics reporting for website and online marketing initiatives
- Coordinate social media activities by actively engaging in industry blogs, video sharing, online chats, etc., messaging and increased brand awareness resulting in increased traffic to our core sites
- Coordinate contesting and email communications for clients and station promotions.
- Analyze data and develop recommendations to optimize the user experience.
- Hands-on optimization, including keyword/phrase research, site structure, page construction, content, and SEO (Search Engine Optimization)
- Keep up with industry trends and opportunities
- Manage CMS (content management system) for both our FOX and CW channels
The Digital Manager should be well versed in website architecture, user experience design, digital marketing, and development: data management and optimization, programming and scripting languages, and system administration. The manager must be able to create and implement a flow of creative solutions for daily operations, including training tools, efficiencies and processes.
Excellent written and verbal communication skills are a prerequisite for this position. The ideal candidate should have the following skillsets:
- Solid understanding of the benefits of different web technologies
- Fluent use of Adobe Creative Suite: Dreamweaver, Photoshop, Illustrator, etc.
- Knowledge of new media, Internet related technologies, various mobile platforms, and current web trends, including social media and analytics
- Web design, web development and web management experience
- Experience working with different digital video formats including streaming video technologies
- Ability to “think outside the box” for new solutions to interactive challenges
- Comfortable learning, analyzing and recommending new methodologies
HOW TO APPLY:
Email resume to firstname.lastname@example.org.