Posted on 2012-12-19
By KECY-TV KECY-TV
KECY-TV Fox 9, ABC 5 and Telemundo in Yuma, Arizona has an immediate opening for a full time Production Assistant. We’re looking for a motivated and organized individual whose responsibilities will include assisting the Production Manager in editing and shooting all commercials, promotions and/or local Public Services Announcements,
- Operate television camera to record footage for television advertising.
- Read and analyze the production orders and specifications to determine locations of subject material, work procedures, and machine setups.
- Operate audio and video equipment.
- Assemble camera, accessories, equipment, and film stock to be used during a commercial shoot.
- Test, clean and maintain equipment to ensure proper working condition.
- Gather and edit raw footage to develop and create a commercial spot.
- Write, produce, and edit other commercial material as needed.
- Assist at all station promotional events.
- High School diploma and some college preferred.
- Must be detail oriented. Knowledge of television production or willingness to learn.
- Must be able to work flexible schedule that could include early mornings, nights and weekends.
- Familiarity with non-linear editing, computer graphics and animation programs.
- Excellent verbal and written communications skills.
- Must possess above average mobility, i.e. carry equipment long distances; and the dexterity to facilitate on location field production without assistance and the capability to lift up to 50 pounds.
- Requires highly organized, multi-tasking, individual who can handle multiple deadlines.
- A valid Arizona driver`s license is required.
HOW TO APPLY:
When applying for this position, please note your referral source and send a cover letter explaining why you are the best fit for our position, along with a resume to:
Pam Knight - HR Coordinator
KECY-TV Fox 9
1965 4th Avenue
Yuma, AZ 85364