Posted on 2012-12-13
By KLUZ-TV KRZY-AM KRZY-FM Entravision Communications
Entravision Communications Corporation (NYSE: EVC) one of the fastest growing Hispanic multi-media companies seeks a Video Journalist for our Albuquerque, New Mexico television (Univision affiliate) and radio station cluster to cover the 5 pm and 10 pm Newscast.
Overall Objective of the Job: Develop contacts, and story ideas for daily newscasts. Cover, write, edit and report on daily news events
Supervised By: News Director/Executive Producer
Essential Functions of the Job:
- Research, write, edit, shoot video, produce and present news/feature stories on the air (both on tape and live) either on location or in the studio
- Responsible for producing total news story package, including video
- Write scripts for assigned news show
- Originate and research story ideas and develop contacts for stories
- Arrange and conduct interviews
- Follow news code of ethics
- Present balanced news reports
- Work well under deadline pressure
- Work all positions to execute a newscast (Teleprompter, audio, tapes, cameras, etc.)
- Must work hours necessary to perform duties as outlined (may include Holidays)
- Perform other duties as assigned
Knowledge, skills, abilities required:
- TV reporting experience required
- Experience with linear and non-linear editing, ENG, and advanced computer skills
- Knowledge of local, statewide, national and international news events
- Must be able to express ideas clearly, written, oral and visually in Spanish language
- Ad-lib and On-Air delivery skills preferred
College degree in Broadcast Journalism or equivalent preferred. MUST BE fluent in Spanish reading and writing. Bilingual English/Spanish.
Physical Requirements: Must be able to pay close attention to detail and be able to carry 30 pounds of weight.
HOW TO APPLY:
Entravision Communications Corporation participates in the E-Verify system operated by the US Department of Homeland Security and the Social Security Administration and will use E-Verify to confirm work eligibility for all new hire employees.
Entravision Communications is an Equal Opportunity Employer. We encourage women and minorities to apply.
Please send resume with cover letter and non-returnable DVD resume to Rachel Mather, KLUZ TV 41, 2725 E Broadbent Parkway NE, Albuquerque, NM 87107 or you can contact us at (505) 342-4141 or firstname.lastname@example.org.
Job posted by an EQUAL EMPLOYMENT OPPORTUNITY EMPLOYER