Director of Creative Services
Posted on 2012-12-07
By CareerPage CareerPage
- Direct and control activities of team including TV promos, radio promos, print, social media and graphic design.
- Develop and obtain approval for on-air promotion strategies from management, legal, etc.
- Create all outside media plans during ratings including strategy and buys.
- Coordinates efforts across all departments to ensure consistent and timely execution
- Carries promotional priorities and activities to station website.
Creative Services/Graphic Design
- Direct graphic team that designs and executes content for news and other station promotions - on-air, off-air or digital, used by the station.
- Establish creative "look and feel", vision, brand image, marketing content and materials standards
- Develop Design stylebook for news and promotion including policies, procedures, creative standards, templates, formats and operational use
- Direct and critique the work of subordinate graphic artists who oversee the creation, design and implementation of daily newscast graphics
- Is the visionary for the overall look and feel of the graphic design in news and all areas of the station to provide a consistent brand.
- BA or BS in Marketing, Advertising or Communications/Media
- Minimum 3 yrs Managerial experience as Creative Services Director or Asst. in large TV Market with direct experience in News promotion. Specific experience in creation of Image, special report and topical news promotion, graphic design. Able to lead a creative team to achieve marketing objectives.
- Strategic thinker with ability to create and drive tactical plans.
- Strong understanding and ability to interpret broadcast ratings and station research to create compelling promos. Knowledge in Nielsen Grabix preferable.
- Must be hands on manager with technical experience to step in and write, produce promos. Proficiency with P2 Cameras, Final Cut Pro, Avid Newscutter, Deko, ENPS/INEWS, Photoshop, After Effects, MS Word and PowerPoint.
- Proven Experience to drive and direct Creative team as a collaborative news partner.
- Experience developing and successfully executing a station marketing plan
- Experience marketing a second-tier television channel preferred.
Must be able to perform the essential functions of the job. The Company will make reasonable physical accommodations to facilitate the ability to perform essential job functions.
HOW TO APPLY:
HUMAN RESOURCES DEPARTMENT
4 Broadcast Plaza SW
Albuquerque, NM 87104
Fax: (505) 764-2522
No Telephone Calls Please
AN EQUAL OPPORTUNITY EMPLOYER