KTUU-TV Director of Engineering & IT
Posted on 2012-12-07
By Alaska Broadcasters Association Alaska Broadcasters Association
The Director of Engineering & IT directs the efforts of the engineering department and supports all other departments to ensure achievement of common business goals. Ensure equipment and systems are operational and secure; plan, design, and manage installation or improvements of equipment; manage capital budget & planning; provide vision and design for new equipment and systems; ensure compliance of OSHA, FCC and FAA regulations. This position reports to the general manager of the station.
Minimum of 10 years television maintenance engineering experience. 5+ years of experience in broadcast operations and IT. 5 years of supervisory experience.
- Strong understanding of FCC regulations and requirements.
- Proficient with computer operation and computer repair.
- Broad background in broadcast production and engineering, strong knowledge of broadcast engineering operations & equipment.
- Working knowledge of transmitter equipment, broadcast automation systems, network servers, computer hardware & software systems.
- Ability to read schematic diagrams.
- Ability to learn new equipment and implement procedures for use.
- Ability to plan and execute a budget for the department.
- Must be able to handle high stress situations and pressure deadlines.
- Able to react quickly to changing circumstances while remaining calm.
- Ability to manage multiple projects simultaneously.
- Ability to communicate with non-technical personnel to resolve equipment issues, get along/work with people on all levels of the company.
- Must be flexible in work schedule. Evening & weekend hours may be necessary to deal with critical issues.
- Strong leadership skills, ability to delegate projects.
- Must have excellent problem-solving skills, be creative and adaptive.
- Highly organized, detail-oriented, very conscientious with strong initiative.
- Excellent communication and organizational skills required.
- Ability to lift equipment up to 40 pounds.
This job description might not include all of the duties performed in this position.
HOW TO APPLY:
Interested candidates please visit the following web site: www.schurz.com/careers/career-opportunities/ and search Requisition Number KTUU1032 to learn more about the position and apply. NORTHERN LIGHTS MEDIA, INC. IS AN EQUAL OPPORTUNITY EMPLOYER. Offers of employment are contingent upon a pre-employment background check.