KSL News Social Media Producer (Part-Time) - 2996
Posted on 2012-11-26
By KSL Broadcast Group KSL Broadcast Group
Salt Lake City, UT
The Social Media Producer assists in executing KSL’s social media strategy by writing content for and executing social media strategy on KSL’s growing social media platforms and cover breaking news on social media for TV and radio social products.
- Manage and monitor day-to-day activities on branded social media profiles and on-site communities.
- Ensure a clear brand voice and approach, and to support and clarify News content across platforms.
- Measure impact of our various social channels and test specific tactics to optimize.
- Generate dynamic conversation and maintain on-going dialogue with social media followers.
- Content promotion on social media platforms, including Twitter, Facebook and other social media/user-generated accounts.
- Recommend new social media tools, sites, apps as part of the social media mix.
- Monitor and report on social media growth and campaign results.
- Ensure all content meets stations network standards for journalistic integrity and production quality and conform to proper rules of grammar and the AP Style Guide.
- Experiment with new and alternative ways to leverage social media activities and determine benefits of applying tools to appropriate areas.
- Regularly monitor social media tools, trends and applications
- Knowledge of local and national current events, newsmakers, and issues is required.
- Proficiency in news production equipment and computers, as well as the ability to evaluate new technologies and platforms is a must.
- Ability to perform many tasks simultaneously under pressure with exceptional news judgment as well as effective news writing, copy-editing ability for all platforms is required.
- College degree in journalism, communications, related field, or equivalent
- A minimum of 1-year experience as a news web/interactive Producer required, with experience using social media channels (Facebook, Twitter, YouTube, etc.)
- An understanding and appreciation for local journalism and the role of social media in journalism.
- Deep understanding of social media techniques and tools and the ability to research and implement new practices
- Superior written and oral communications skills are essential along with the ability to juggle multiple tasks on deadline.
- Excellent use of judgment and discretion
- Work in compliance with Company policies and procedures.
- Work effectively in a team environment.
- Maintain a positive and cooperative rapport with staff, management, and clients.
- Consistently work required to meet deadlines including weekends, holidays, evenings, etc.
- Acts as Social Media Director in their absence. This may include sick or vacation fill-in, or regularly scheduled holiday producer shifts.
- Project an appropriate professional appearance and demeanor.
- Personal growth and development.
- Other duties as assigned.
- Receive, process, and maintain information through oral and/or written communication effectively.
- Substantial physical movements (motions) of the wrists, hands, and/or fingers.
- Ability to extend hand(s) and arm(s) in any direction with good eye and hand coordination.
- Lift, move, and carry up to 20 pounds on occasion.
HOW TO APPLY:
Qualified candidates are invited to download the application available on our web site http://www.ksl.com/web/jobs.php
Questions can be directed to Human Resources at (801) 575-5777 or email@example.com. We do not allow walk-in candidates. To be considered an application must be submitted by fax, email, or mail for current posted position(s).
An Equal Opportunity Employer M/F/D/V. KSL Broadcast House, 55 North 300 West, Salt Lake City, Utah 84180. Fax: (801) 575-5820 Web Site: www.ksl.com/web/jobs.php
*This employer participates in E-Verify. The employer will provide the Social Security Administration (SSA) and, if necessary, the Department of Homeland Security (DHS) with information from each new employee's I-9 to confirm work authorization. *