KTAR News A.M. Executive Producer
Posted on 2012-11-14
By KPKX, KTAR, KTAR Bonneville International Corporation
News-Talk 92.3 KTAR is looking for the next great Executive Producer to lead the staff behind the top-rated Arizona’s Morning News with Ned and Connie! We need somebody who can write crisp, conversational copy for newscasts, manage the assignments for a live morning reporter and, after the show, plan and coordinate coverage and story assignments to deliver unique local content. You`ll be at the station at 3 o`clock in the morning, so we need energy and enthusiasm! This is not a rip-and-read morning show full of entertainment birthdays, boring live interviews and history lessons "on this date". Arizona`s Morning News thrives on unique content that directly affects the KTAR audience, delivered by great news personalities. Radio news experience is always a plus, but experienced TV newscast producers tired of writing blood and guts leads with too many chefs in the newsroom looking on would love the independence and creative opportunities this job has to offer.
POSITION OBJECTIVE: Function as the script editor/producer for Arizona`s Morning News with Ned & Connie. Assist in coordinating live interviews, beat reports and correspondents, audio elements and other program content.
- Two years post high school education in communication/journalism with skills in the following areas: booking guests, broadcast journalism, writing, computer and operational skills, related field, or equivalent.
- Experience in a broadcast journalism environment, professional or collegiate level. Knowledge of newswire services and a working knowledge of computer skills.
- Aggressive attitude with a strong desire to advance in the broadcasting media.
- Quick learner who is fully committed to meeting the challenge
- Strong desire to work at the state’s largest and most respected radio station.
- Multi-tasking pro. Ability to be organized with the capability to concentrate on more than one event at a time, able to follow written and verbal instructions under moderate supervision.
- Proven ability to work under pressure to meet hourly/daily/weekly deadlines. Ability to be precise and accurate both in announcing and production.
- Self-starter with the ability to assure that shift personnel receive material for broadcast on time as the services performed affect company image, clients, and listening audience. Errors may incur financial or time loss.
- Watch top TV programs (sports and pop culture) and read major publications for show content ideas.
- Proven ability to handle stress.
- Work effectively in a team environment.
- Consistently works hours required. Flexible hours required to meet deadlines including weekends, holidays, evenings, early mornings, etc.
- Work in compliance with Company policies and procedures.
- Maintain a positive and cooperative rapport with staff, management, and clients.
- Project an appropriate professional appearance and demeanor.
- Receive, process, and maintain information through oral and/or written communication effectively.
- Substantial physical movements (motions) of the wrists, hands, and/or fingers.
- Extending hand(s) and arm(s) in any direction with good eye and hand coordination.
- Lift, move, and carry up to 20 pounds on occasion.
HOW TO APPLY:
Qualified candidates are invited to complete the on line application available on our web site at www.ktar.com.
Questions can be directed to Human Resources email@example.com. We do not allow walk-in candidates.
To be considered an application must be submitted by fax, email, or mail for current posted position(s).
Resume is accepted when accompanying our application. Unsolicited resumes will not be accepted. If you are offered employment by Bonneville International Corporation, you will be asked to sign an agreement to arbitrate any disputes that may arise between you and Bonneville regarding your employment with the company prior to commencing employment with the company.
An Equal Opportunity Employer
Bonneville International Corporation participates in E-Verify and complies with all right to work laws.