Director of Local Sales
Posted on 2012-11-08
The Director of Local Sales is responsible for achieving local broadcast revenue and share goals, and driving digital sales efforts from local broadcast sellers. This motivating leader will report directly to the Director of Sales for Belo Phoenix and insure tactical execution and collaboration across all local sales staffs.
The Director of Local Sales partners closely with colleagues in sales, programming, community relations, finance, technology and news to effectively provide clear direction that drives revenue.
- Effectively lead and motivate a team of (3) local sales managers, and entire local sales staff resulting in achievement of revenue budgets
- Lead local new business efforts from strategy to execution, including account tracking and policy enforcement
- Maintain a positive, productive, and unique culture that fosters teamwork, values individuality, and achieves measureable success for advertisers
- Accurately forecast local broadcast and digital revenue
- Drive training and strategic planning across the local sales organization
- Recruit and hire and retain highly talented Broadcast Local Sales Managers and Account Executives
- Provide timely coaching and feedback to insure goal achievement and career growth of Local Sales Managers
- Oversee local yield management implementation and collaborate with Director of Sales and National Sales Managers on broadcast pricing strategies
- Establish and maintain deep rooted relationships with key local clients and agencies at all levels
- Recommend necessary updates to compensation plans, incentives and sales policies for local sales teams
- Maximize 3rd party vendors and partners that assist in achievement of revenue goals
- With Director of Sales, ensure sales support teams are properly trained
- Ensure sales process and systems are implemented effectively and efficiently
- Think strategically and act tactically
- Analyze issues thoroughly in order to make sound business decisions and solve problems effectively
- Take initiative and make decisions without daily guidance
- Work in a fast paced environment; handle multiple challenges simultaneously
- Effectively communicate with others; present ideas, facts and technical information clearly
- Actively listen to understand all points of view
- College degree in Business Administration, Communications or related field
- 5+ years work experience within a broadcast television station including 3+ years managing a local sales team
- Demonstrated leadership capability that has motivated teams
- A creative mind with a proven ability to generate revenue for the company and advertisers
- Excellent analytic skills and advanced knowledge of television sales software systems and processes
- Ability to develop and communicate effective and persuasive sale presentations
We offer an outstanding salary and bonus package with benefits date of hire, including medical, dental, vision, life insurance, paid time off, and 401(k). Our team members also enjoy working in the fun and exciting atmosphere of a major media organization with local and national advancement opportunities. Qualified candidates are encouraged to submit a résumé to firstname.lastname@example.org or mail to KTVK, Attn: Director of Sales Belo Phoenix, 5555 N. 7th Avenue, Phoenix, AZ 85013.
Belo Corp. is an Equal Opportunity Employer.
It is the policy of this station not to discriminate in its employment and personnel practices because of the person's age, race, color, creed, religion, gender, national origin, sexual orientation, or any other protected classes. Discriminatory practices are specifically prohibited by Belo and the Federal Communications Commission.
HOW TO APPLY: