KTAR PT Technical Director
Posted on 2012-11-07
By KPKX, KTAR, KTAR Bonneville International Corporation
POSITION OBJECTIVE: Operate the on-air studio console and assure accurate broadcasts.
- Focused operation of on-air console.
- Air commercials per program log.
- Screen listener calls for talk programs during shifts not utilizing a producer.
- Maintain accurate transmitter logs and program logs.
- Double check that audio elements are problem free, before they air.
- Ensure that transmitter is operating according to FCC parameters.
- Record satellite feeds.
- Air emergency alerts.
- Communicate and be part of shows with hosts, anchors and producers on upcoming elements. Occasionally assist producer. Give time cues.
- Report equipment problems, update discrepancy reports to communicate any occurrence that departs from program log or quality goals.
- Cross-training on other shifts in the event of scheduling emergencies.
- Working knowledge of KTAR computer system(s). Digital video and webcam setup/operation, monitoring of website audio streams.
- Ability to drive Company vehicles for remote broadcasts (valid driver`s license, attending driver safety training). No smoking in station vehicles.
- In performing responsibilities, exhibit a thorough working knowledge and understanding KTAR Policy and FCC Rules and Regulations.
- Maintain confidentiality by not discussing internal KTAR matters, company strategies, client's proprietary information, personnel matters, wage and salary information or any other sensitive information with clients, competitors, listeners, the media or inappropriately with co-workers and by not distributing our proprietary research or any other information with our competitors.
- Able to manage stress and unforeseen news events effectively.
- Work effectively in a team environment (quick-witted when needed) or alone in studio.
- Consistently works hours required, including overnights and weekends.
- Work in compliance with Company policies and procedures.
- Maintain a positive and cooperative rapport with staff, management, and clients.
- Project an appropriate professional appearance and demeanor.
- Personal growth and development.
- Other duties as assigned.
- Two years news/talk/sports radio control room work Digital/website experience helpful.
- Receive, process, and maintain information through oral and/or written communications effectively.
- Substantial physical movements (motions) of the wrists, hands, and/or fingers.
- Ability to extend hand(s) and arm(s) in any direction with good eye and hand coordination.
- Lift, move, and carry up to 65 pounds on occasion.
HOW TO APPLY:
Qualified candidates are invited to complete the on line application available on our web sites at www.ktar.com, and www.arizonasports.com.
Questions can be directed to Human Resources email@example.com. We do not allow walk-in candidates.
To be considered an application must be submitted by fax, email, or mail for current posted position(s).
Resume is accepted when accompanying our application. Unsolicited resumes will not be accepted. If you are offered employment by Bonneville International Corporation, you will be asked to sign an agreement to arbitrate any disputes that may arise between you and Bonneville regarding your employment with the company prior to commencing employment with the company.
An Equal Opportunity Employer
Bonneville International Corporation participates in E-Verify and complies with all right to work laws.