KTAR News PT Reporter
Posted on 2012-11-07
By KPKX, KTAR, KTAR Bonneville International Corporation
News/Talk 92.3 KTAR needs a part-time reporter/anchor to join the team! This position is a fill-in or part time opportunity for a street reporter, so you have to be quick and resourceful in the field. Covering breaking news is great, but what are you going to do the other 95% of the time you`re here? KTAR and KTAR.com thrive on unique content and approaching stories in a way unlike anybody else. You need to be able to bring your own ideas to the table and work well under deadline pressure. If you don`t already have digital experience, you`ll have to get up to speed quick. The KTAR reporter is expected to take pictures, even shoot video when necessary, because dot com is just as important as on-the-air!
- Two years post high school education in journalism with skills in the following areas: writing, broadcast journalism, news judgment, computer skills.
- Three years experience in a professional broadcast journalism environment.
- Knowledge of newswire services and a working knowledge of computer skills.
- Ability to develop and maintain news sources.
- Aggressive attitude with a strong desire to advance in the broadcasting media. A news junkie.
- Quick learner who is fully committed to meeting the challenge
- Ability to dig up stories, enterprise news a must.
- Excellent digital audio editing skills.
- Multi-tasking pro. Ability to be organized with the capability to concentrate on more than one event at a time, able to follow written and verbal instructions under supervision.
- Proven ability to work under pressure to meet daily/weekly deadlines. Ability to be precise and accurate both in writing and production.
- Monitor news on a daily basis.
- Work effectively in a team environment
- Maintain a positive and cooperative rapport with staff, management, and clients.
- Consistently works hours required. Flexible hours required to meet deadlines including weekends, holidays, evenings, early mornings, etc.
- Work in compliance with Company policies and procedures.
- Project an appropriate professional appearance and demeanor.
- Licensed driver
- A person with established relations in the Hispanic community and able to develop good rapport with community leaders.
- Bilingual in English and Spanish.
- Prefer someone who has worked in the broadcasting environment relating to the Hispanic community.
- Receive, process, and maintain information through oral and/or written communication effectively.
- Substantial physical movements (motions) of the wrists, hands, and/or fingers.
- Extending hand(s) and arm(s) in any direction with good eye and hand coordination.
- Lift, move, and carry up to 20 pounds on occasion.
HOW TO APPLY:
Qualified candidates are invited to complete the online application available on our web site at www.ktar.com.
Questions can be directed to Human Resources email@example.com. We do not allow walk-in candidates.
To be considered an application must be submitted by fax, email, or mail for current posted position(s).
Resume is accepted when accompanying our application. Unsolicited resumes will not be accepted. If you are offered employment by Bonneville International Corporation, you will be asked to sign an agreement to arbitrate any disputes that may arise between you and Bonneville regarding your employment with the company prior to commencing employment with the company.
An Equal Opportunity Employer
Bonneville International Corporation participates in E-Verify and complies with all right to work laws.