Posted on 2012-10-30
By KWCH and KSCW Schurz Communications Inc.
Sunflower Broadcasting, Inc., consisting of KWCH-TV, KSCW-TV, and satellite stations KBSD-TV, KBSH-TV, KBSL-TV, is currently accepting applications for a News Reporter. A Reporter is responsible for developing, investigating, writing, reporting and editing stories for the newscast and/or website. Must generate story and source contacts, and enterprise stories on a daily basis. Delivers reports of high visual and ethical standards, using creative ideas and live-news capabilities.
- Research, gather, and provide news and information in the most accurate, appealing, timely and creative way using all sources • Enterprise hard-news, research-driven pieces under tight deadlines
- Develop and maintain sources of information and knowledge about assignments • Write and produce stories for daily newscasts and website
- Post and regularly update stories and other material on the web, often remotely while traveling • Conduct interviews in the field and on-set
- Report “live” on the scene • Must update social media sites daily, including Facebook, to report stories and interact with viewers
- Participate in story selection process through meetings, regularly contribute story ideas • Enterprise, produce, and edit packages
- Demonstrate sound news judgment, collaborate with others to present the story in the best way
- Ability to shoot television video, one-person band in an emergency is preferred. Must be able to utilize non-linear editing equipment on a daily basis.
- Communicate with the web staff and other appropriate staff members during breaking news
- Follow clothing and appearance guidelines.
- Writes and posts website stories/updates prior to airing of the television version
- Work evenings, weekends, and holidays as needed
- Performs other incidental and related duties as assigned
- Make regular beat checks
- Represent the station at public events
- Must be able to utilize non-linear editing equipment on a daily basis
HOW TO APPLY: