Posted on 2009-12-15
By KPTV Fox12
This position coordinates the afternoon and nightly news gathering efforts of News Reporters/Photographers. Responsibilities also include assisting with producing, writing, and assembling the newscast.
- Generate news story ideas by researching reporter leads, newspapers, monitoring emergency scanners, magazines, and other potential news sources. Order satellite feeds.
- Maintain communications with in-house staff and field news crews for proper coordination of news gathering efforts. Schedule interviews for news crews.
- Respond to all incoming calls from the public, viewers, and from reporter/photographers in the field. Maintain daily contact with police and fire agencies.
- Coordinate reports from affiliate stations and local stringer reports. Review and file all newsroom incoming mail and faxes. Maintain news files.
- Write a nightly story summary to include follow-up ideas and suggestions for the morning staff. Make night beat checks.
Minimum Qualifications – All must be met to be considered.
Four-year college degree in broadcasting or related field preferred. Minimum three years experience in radio or television news as an Assignment Editor, Producer, or Reporter.
Skills and Abilities
- Knowledge of all news gathering equipment and sources.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills.
- Ability to work cooperatively with diverse groups of individuals.
- Ability to handle multiple tasks and work under pressure of tight deadlines and last minute changes.
- Be inquisitive and self-directed gathering news in a fast-paced and competitive environment.
- Knowledge of the Pacific Northwest.
HOW TO APPLY:
Please apply at www.meredith.com under careers.
Meredith Corporation, KPTV-FOX 12/PDX TV is an Equal Opportunity Employer