Posted on 2009-12-15
By Telemundo Phoenix KTAZ & Tucson KHRR Telemundo Phoenix KTAZ & Tucson KHRR
Phoenix, Tucson, AZ
The primary responsibilities of the Photojournalist / Reporter is to shoot, edit, write and report news related content. Assist in the production of live broadcast.
- Uesponsible for gathering information on newsworthy events
- Gather video elements to compliment news package/Shoot video
- Write, produce and present fair and accurate news stories, as well as feature stories.
- Be informed on news events locally and nationally
- Develop and maintain a network of contacts providing access to exclusive stories
- Investigate information to establish facts and determine truth
- Be responsible for providing on-air news including both in studio and frequent field shoots.
- Create, report and help produce news specials and packages, based on either breaking news or on pre-planned stories that were promoted ahead of time
- Assist producer in establishing sources, finding and executing enterprise news investigations, building and maintaining strong list of story ideas
- Large community involvement, making a reasonable amount of appearances tied into the viewer community
- Work cooperatively as a team member under tight daily deadlines.
- Gather news information and prepare for presentation in the newscast
- Provide input to the show producer on show content and format
- Write stories headlines and news updates for television, online and digital platforms
- Independent problem solving & multi-tasking. Will be required to wear multiple hats in a small news department.
- Problem solving & troubleshooting required
- Ability to turn around projects and content in a short time period with strict deadlines.
- Present stories to the viewer in a professional manner.
- Support special projects
- Responsible for the presentation of breaking news to viewers both during live newscasts as well as outside regularly scheduled newscasts.
- Fill in, as needed, for News Anchor
Minimum 2 years of experience as a photojournalis and/or reporter in a Top 25 market
- Flexibility with respect to scheduling and/or assigned work shifts
- Must submit demo reel/portfolio (work examples)
- Must be able to work a flexible schedule in a 24/7 news environment in addition to standard hours
- Willingness to work overtime and weekends with short notice. Night and weekend work is frequent
- Must be willing to take drug test and submit to a background investigation
- Must have unrestricted work authorization to work in the United States
- Must be 18 years or older
- Must be willing to work in Phoenix AZ
- Must have a valid driver’s license
- Must be covered by Solutions, NBCU’s Alternative Dispute Resolution Program
HOW TO APPLY:
To apply go to www.nbcunicareers.com and look for Job Number: 1114144